A sanding thicknessor good news story (for a change)

Howdee,
I thought Id share a good news story about a sanding thicknessor for a change. The little ones get a justly deserved regular pasting in this forum. I purchased a 600mm twin drum about 20 years ago. They were rebadged with all sorts of makers names but the model is a MS25. The motor is 3HP and is labelled as made in Taiwan but I'm not sure if that is the case for the whole machine. I have used this machine at least once a week for all the time that I have owned it and it has never let me down. All I have ever done is change the abrasive belts and I must have used this machine for hundreds if not thousands of hours.
I thought it was time to take it to bits and at least check the bearings, platen and table rise/fall assembly and everything is still spinning like new. How can this be after 20 years working in a dusty service like this (my dust collection has never been optimal). There is a small amount of plastic stuck to the platen which will scrape off but the inside of the conveyor belt is fine. The V belts are even as good as new.
20210925_155537.jpg

I'm in two minds about lubricating the rise/fall lead screw/nut , the open thrust bearing, the pinions, the lead screw bronze bushes and the columns. What do you folks recon? What would you use - keeping in mind that it will just attract dust unless I use a dry lubricant. cheers Paul

20210925_153439.jpg

Timbuck

Dry-Lube is the stuff used a lot on bike chains.....Finish line + Teflon dry lubricant. on Amazon.

Thanks for the good advice Ken, I found something similar locally and applied it liberally. Reassembled and ready for work. For those wondering what this model looks like, here is a picture of it after its 20 year service. cheers Paul
20210926_080831.jpg

AstroEd42

Looking at how heavy this machine is made. it's no wonder it has served you so well. Seeing those castings, this thing is built like a tank! You should get many more years out of it.
Ed