Acaboe

Dino

Hey UU,
For those of you who know Acaboe....aka Bob. He sends a big HI to all the UU members. I ran into him this past Chirstmas at Honolulu Hale. He is currently a Security guard there. He hasn't played ukulele in a while, and has stopped building. He still lives in Waianae. The reason he hasn't been on the forums is due to a busted computer. Anyway, go check out Honolulu Hale and you might run into him! Aloha, Dino

dnewton2

I was wondering about him a while back. Shame he stopped playing and building but nice to know he is doing ok. Thanks for the update Dino.

Ronnie Aloha

Mahalo Sen. Dan, R.I.P.
UU VIP
Yeah, I had a link to his website for a long time but it was never updated so I deleted it. He made a couple of fantastic ukes before he "retired."

Kanaka916

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh Dino, Mahloz fo da update. It was really surprising not hearing from Bob considering he was very active within the community. Any idea if Bob is gonna resume building? I hope everything works out and looking forward to hering from him.

sukie

Aloha
UU VIP
It was good to hear the update. I'm sorry he's kind of dropped out of the ukulele loop. He made some beautiful ukuleles.

Dino

His spirits was pretty good. He looked happy to talk about UU. If you ask me, I think they were struggling. He works late, still lives in Waianae, and I think his wife works opposite him.
I asked him about that one uke with the Koi on it....he said his wife has it !