Ahhh, Those Dodgers

It is certainly possible when the Dodgers win the next two.
Without umps who are the managers gonna kick dirt and spit on?
UMMMM... The computer in the back room?
Well... if they win the next two there WILL be more games at Dodger Stadium... barring a 10.0 earthquake...
I'm all for an eStrike Zone, but hate when it's called "robot."
Good point... I'll go with electronic umpire in the future. Unless they bring out that glass domed robot from Lost in Space and put that back there. Gives something for the manager to kick dirt on, too... solves two problems at once!;)
One of the toughest calls is the check swing… just ask a Giants fan. One bad call ended their season…I still get a little smile on my face.
GRRRRRRRR... still unhappy about that one up here in NORCAL... But please tell me you would smile just as widely if a bad call ends YOUR team's season.
I still think it's lousy when a bad call has such dramatic consequences. Maybe they could just call a do-over?:LOL:

But I have to agree: even electronic umpiring might not be able to sort out a check swing.

OK then! Here is your new home plate umpire... Perfect for the Hollywood Dodgers!

Last edited:
I say it again, the umpire will not be eliminated, they will be given a means to improve their job with pitch calls. That technology can also be used for check swings at some point.

I believe in using technology to help me. I love my new fully electric Kia Niro that warns me for lane changing, and will brake if I miss doing so in time. Long ago I stopped using a paper calendar, my calendar is synced to my new Mac Studio, my iPhone and my two iPads, so no matter where I am, I can use my calendar.

I can't convince the leader of my uke group to do so, she is totally stuck on a paper calendar that sits on her kitchen counter where she can only see it when she gets home, doesn't even take it with her. Makes no sense to me when technology is available to make things so much easier.

Last edited:
No they/umps won't be eliminated, their union will make sure of that.

Well... if they win the next two there WILL be more games at Dodger Stadium... barring a 10.0 earthquake..]

I forgot about home field advantage 🤓

Remember the earthquake at candlestick during the World Series?

GRRRRRRRR... still unhappy about that one up here in NORCAL... But please tell me you would smile just as widely if a bad call ends YOUR team's season.
I still think it's lousy when a bad call has such dramatic consequences. Maybe they could just call a do-over?:LOL:

I don’t feel too good about the Astros cheating the Dodgers out of a World Series! I’ll always hate those cheaters.

No they/umps won't be eliminated, their union will make sure of that.
Forgot about that... so maybe instead they will also get a PitchCom(tm) in their hats that will tell them if it was a ball or strike!
Remember the earthquake at candlestick during the World Series?
No one living in NorCal at that time will ever forget that... I was in a meeting in the basement of the Music Building at Sonoma State University at the time... I thought we were going to be entombed there in that basement conference room. People who came into the room late said that the empty hay fields surrounding the campus appeared to have had waves rolling through them, just like the swells on the ocean...

Just glad I wasn't at that game, actually. Scary!

I don’t feel too good about the Astros cheating the Dodgers out of a World Series! I’ll always hate those cheaters.
They will always be The Houston Can Bangers in my mind. Missing a call is one thing... that was over the line! Doesn't even matter how I feel about the Dodgers...

Forgot about that... so maybe instead they will also get a PitchCom(tm) in their hats that will tell them if it was a ball or strike!

No one living in NorCal at that time will ever forget that... I was in a meeting in the basement of the Music Building at Sonoma State University at the time... I thought we were going to be entombed there in that basement conference room. People who came into the room late said that the empty hay fields surrounding the campus appeared to have had waves rolling through them, just like the swells on the ocean...

Just glad I wasn't at that game, actually. Scary!

I was watching the game on tv…. Very surreal.

That's how the current automated strike zone works, which has been used in the minor leagues for a few years. At first it was red and green lights out in the stands, now it works like PitchCom.

With this second loss, I'm not confident at all that the Dodgers can win the next two games.

Definitely not a good game. The Dodgers were just not there. I cannot understand why so many just stand there and look at the strikes whiz by. If one doesn’t swing, at least once in a while, he/she probably won’t get many hits. Ahhh, me . . . maybe tomorrow.

This is looking pretty grim. These are the guys that averaged over a 5 runs a game.

Anyone else listen to that 18 inning Mariner/Can Banger Game?

Pretty epic... 1-0 after 18 innings? Amazing!

Dusty Baker is reviving that team... might have to go back to calling them the Astros... He was great with the Giants. Except for that one Angels game...

Dodgers up at half way... there was worry it would be rained out? In San Diego?

Happens. Monsoon weather.

Anyone else listen to that 18 inning Mariner/Can Banger Game?

Pretty epic... 1-0 after 18 innings? Amazing!

Dusty Baker is reviving that team... might have to go back to calling them the Astros... He was great with the Giants. Except for that one Angels game...

Dodgers up at half way... there was worry it would be rained out? In San Diego?

Happens. Monsoon weather.
From the childhood of an old guy:
  • On July 2, 1963, Juan Marichal pitched a 16-inning shutout against the Milwaukee Braves, outdueling Warren Spahn, who pitched 151/3 scoreless innings before Willie Mays won it 1-0 with a home run. Marichal threw 227 pitches; Spahn threw 201.

Or- Dodgers haven't played a meaningful game for weeks, and have been sitting around getting stale for the last few days...

Whereas the Padres are on a roll, just won a series they were not favored to win, and are hitting their stride for a deep run!

We'll see which way it goes...
Uh huh...

Well, I’ve read all the stories in the LA Times this morning to complete my depression. This series was the sorriest display of non-baseball by the Dodgers… ever.

This may be sour grapes but…. Gooo Phillies!

Top Bottom