Air Air vs Air Blue

Teddy

Hey everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows the main differences between Anuenue's Air Air pick up and their Air Blue? There's a $50 difference between the two.

The only things I can find on the website are the following low distortion, low noise and signal to noise values. I have no idea what any of these mean. Is there a significant appreciable difference or is it worth it to save $50? I'm looking at purchasing a few so it ends up being $150 difference.

Air Blue:
Low Distortion:0.697%@1KHz
Low Noise:-128dBV@10KHz
Signal to Noise:110dB

Air Air:
Low Distortion: 0.001%@1KHz
Low Noise: -142dBV@10KHz
Signal to Noise: 114dB

Sporky

Good question... I doubt it would matter unless being massively amplified or used for pro recording (in which case a microphone is probably best anyway)

Teddy

Obviously some extra distrotion at those KHz values. Just lost on what it means or if it's even noticeable.

Brad Bordessa

Obviously some extra distrotion at those KHz values. Just lost on what it means or if it's even noticeable.

Technically, yes. But I'd be pretty surprised if you EVER notice that in real life. There are a lot of things that will become your weakest link before you wish for more signal-to-noise.

Email Kalei and Corey: support@anuenueusa.com. They'll be able to tell you what the benefit of the better specs would be.