All-in-one effects pedals?

gokidd

Hi, all.
I bought a Digitech RP250 a few years back and I wondered if newer all-in-one effects pedals are better?
Specifically, I find the Digitech noisy in most applications and rather thin in tone. Having said that, I'm not a heavy metal player.
I am looking for high-quality basic effects like chorus, compression, distortion and maybe looping for my electric guitar.
Too much to ask from a single pedal? Or did I simply not spend enough?
Thanks!

Skrik

I have a Boss ME70, and love it. I'm no audio-snob, though, so I'm happy with the mass produced lump.

23skidoo

I tried several pedals in the $150-300 range and they are all fairly equitable, as far as I can tell. The one stand out for me (and the one I ended up getting) was the Fender Mustang Floor. The amp models are pretty outstanding and sounded (to my amateur ear) a little richer and more authentic. I have it running through an old Fender Bassman Pro amp and it sounds amazing for the price point. It certainly doesn't compare to pricier analog gear or the high-end digital stuff, but it's a pretty impressive bang for the buck.

gokidd

Thanks, all!
I'm hoping to find a simple solution and avoid long chains of pedals.

gokidd

Wow, thanks so very much for making that connection for me, coolK! That's great info and I subscribed to Brad's YouTube page.
Mahalos!

bnolsen

I have a g1on and b1on both. Plenty of effects but I mostly use them as a tuner. Full set of sound effects, spaghetti, etc. Hopefully you can find a g1on for under 50usd.

I wanted the GT-6 in case I ever decided to gig. I can run it direct into the PA, and the build quality is almost military. Nothing against Zoom gear, I've owned quite a lot over the years, starting with a 9002, but I think the Boss wins on ease of use etc. The only thing missing is a looper, but I want to spend a decent amount on a separate one.