ammoon ukulele?

wolfybau

Reaction score
IHas anyone heard of this brand or tried their ukes? I found them online recently and they look too nice for their low price, and you know what they say , you get what you pay for.

All I could find on them was that the company was started Feb 23 2016 so they are a brand new company, Im guess this is why? Do you think its worth taking a chance on them? my funds are VERY limited so I have to be careful.

this is the one I was looking at because what I realy want is an Ibanez electric acoustic cutaway, but thats far beyond my means This uke seems to have all the features I want. the 'plywood' Im assuming because its a veneer and not a solid top also the 'cowrie' looks to be abalone and the 'koa' would be acacia? I have an acacia Kala I like very much.

http://www.chinacompare.com/product...Saddle-4-Strings-Instrument-Gift-Present.html

Saw that one. The factory probably makes ukes for some U.S. companies that you do recognize. Veneer is an extremely thin fancy wood layer over solid wood. I'm sure they mean "laminate." I can do a little setup work and correct most simple mistakes, make some upgrades, etc. I have practiced on inexpensive ukes and was tempted to get one, set it up, and sell it cheaply to one of my students if it turned out good. Depends on how patient you are and whether you just want another uke or that you want to upgrade. Either way is ok but it generally works out better if you clarify the nature of your UAS........:iwant:

I just ordered a 24" Ammoon from ebay at £20.85 including free delivery. Must be worth a gamble at that price? My other uke is a Rubin soprano that cost me only £19 inc delivery from ebay and that's great. I'll post my opinion when the 24" arrives. Please bear in mind that I'm only a beginner, so my opinion will be mostly on build quality.

I picked up the Ammoon 21" soprano zebrawood for $22.80 USD with free shipping...because I couldn't help myself. I am very pleasantly surprised! The frets were a little rough and the action needed to be lowered at the nut. But I've got a fret file. The nut is actual bone. The uke has enclosed tuners. It is a really nice little uke. I played it for an hour yesterday and I was very happy with it. They strings sound fine too. I would usually change them out, but it sounded good. I bought some of the Rubins a while back and I thought they were decent at best. This one seems much better.

So...I bought a Ammoon 24" concert for just under $21 with free shipping and it came today. It's nicer than any Makala/Mahalo/Diamond Head and the frets are super smooth on the concert. The action is about what a low end Kala/Makala comes with. Higher than I like, but playable. I bought a couple more just to hand off to kids. $20 for a concert uke??? The parts are worth more than $20.

I received my new 24" Ammoon ukulele yesterday. It took about 5 working days to arrive. Not bad at all. The packaging was adequate - the usual wrapping paper with an outer box.
The uke was in perfect condition. As far as quality is concerned - it cost me just over £20, it was never going to be brilliant, was it?
Well, actually, it's pretty damned nice. As I said in my earlier post, I am a noobie and can only compare it with a 21" Rubin that I also bought off ebay, but I'm really pleased.
I recently looked at a far more expensive concert sized uke in a music shop (priced at £135) and I can definitely say that the Ammoon is of similar build quality. The strings don't hold tune at all, but this is a new uke and will need the strings stretching and settling in, whereas my Rubin was playable straightaway and holds tune very well.WP_20170118_19_46_08_Rich.jpg
Hopefully the photo shows the size difference between the two ukes.
I'll let you know at some later point how it plays after the strings have settled in, but at the moment I'm well pleased.

It looks like this brand hold other names, like Paisen and Pour mancini, i order an tenor dark brown one for 43e...

Top Bottom