Anuenue with, or without pickup?

Joralin

Reaction score
I decided to buy an Anuenue AMM 3.

I'm unsure if I should buy the version with pickup, or without.

Im not planning to play gigs at the moment, but I want to record something from time to time.

The price difference is 100 bucks.

What do you think?

Unless you want to use effect pedals etc, the general consensus is that acoustic sound from acoustic stringed instruments is better recorded by microphone than pickup.
So for recording purposes, you dont need the pickup. You could spend the $100 on an extra microphone in stead.

Well, I love my AMM3, so I think you made a good choice. I don't have a pickup in any of my ukes, so can't help you there.

Pickups open up a world of possibilities with recording and if it isn’t one of those plastic panels so many companies use where they cut out a huge chunk of wood to install it, I always opt for a pickup.

Pickups can be a first class PIA. Especially active pickups with onboard electrics and batteries or charged capacitors. Or even a microphone plus a piezo. They are something that can go wrong, usually at the worst possible time. All have pluses and minuses.

That being said, they are convenient. And a lot of fun.

I don't use pick ups and so far have not had a need even for performances and recording. If the additional cost is $100 you can probably get a good one installed by a luthier for that if you feel you really need one.

Top Bottom