Any chance Millar ukuleles will be available in the U.S?

Eggs_n_Ham

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I really like the looks of the Millar ukulele brand and quality. Southern Ukulele has some really super vids reviewing these lovely instruments and I'd like to get my paws on one, but can't afford international shipment fees, etc.

Any chance they will ever hit U.S shores? I'm also interested in Mainland but they seem to always be sold out of the ukulele I'm interested in!

With very favorable exchange rates to the dollar you can easily buy from SUS or WOU in the UK or Ukesupply from Germany. I have dealt with all of them and very happy with their service.
guess I'll have to look into that! Shipping worries me though; our local postal carriers can be brutal on items. If they show up at all.

Just buy one from World of Ukes. You'll get fee shipping with a purchase over £400. Superb uke shop, and Millar ukes are worth it as well.
If it’s less than 400 then he will add £25 towards shipping.

They seem to be a well made instrument and they get very good reviews

I have three Millar Ukes. I absolutely love them. Not only do they look really nice, but I love how they feel and sound. They are my favorite ukes and I think they compare to ukes that sell for substantially more. I bought mine from World of Ukes and did not pay extra for shipping. Also Matt Warnes is great to deal with. I asked him several questions when I was looking and he was very prompt to respond.

I have three Millar Ukes. I absolutely love them. Not only do they look really nice, but I love how they feel and sound. They are my favorite ukes and I think they compare to ukes that sell for substantially more. I bought mine from World of Ukes and did not pay extra for shipping. Also Matt Warnes is great to deal with. I asked him several questions when I was looking and he was very prompt to respond.
Which Long Neck Millar do you have ?

Just buy one from World of Ukes. You'll get fee shipping with a purchase over £400. Superb uke shop, and Millar ukes are worth it as well.
I bought a Phil Doleman Millar from Matt at WOU- as well as 2 Kiwaya's- EXCELLENT shopping experiences! A week to get here in the USA at most!

Yup, World of Ukes. No extra fees for shipping to US. Matt is very reasonable and great to deal with. And he loves Millars.

I bought a Phil Doleman Millar from Matt at WOU- as well as 2 Kiwaya's- EXCELLENT shopping experiences! A week to get here in the USA at most!
I believe I saw that particular Millar ukulele reviewed by Baz and I was super impressed with the build quality and sound. I'm jonesin' for a rosewood concert or maybe a tenor...I've been stalking WOU website and they don't seem to have that particular millar in stock; would they be willing to order one for me? I'm moving residences so I'd order after that is done and settled.

I believe I saw that particular Millar ukulele reviewed by Baz and I was super impressed with the build quality and sound. I'm jonesin' for a rosewood concert or maybe a tenor...I've been stalking WOU website and they don't seem to have that particular millar in stock; would they be willing to order one for me? I'm moving residences so I'd order after that is done and settled.
Reach out to Matt. He is very responsive and has a close relationship with Millar so he could provide you whatever info you need

Last I checked, Southern Ukulele Store had a rosewood Millar in stock. Not sure if it’s the one you’re looking for though, and shipping isn’t free to the US. At least not my recent order.

Last I checked, Southern Ukulele Store had a rosewood Millar in stock. Not sure if it’s the one you’re looking for though, and shipping isn’t free to the US. At least not my recent order.
Just looking at the WOU checkout, and it seems that a Millar CD-260W is £679 whether shipping to the UK or the USA. This price includes UK VAT, which is our pesky sales tax at 20%. So, it looks to me like the UK VAT sales tax is not being removed, which I am sure that it should be for US purchasers. At the SUS checkout, the same uke for shipping to the US is £565.83, which is the amount with the sales tax removed, but then the shipping charge of £69.50 is added. So I make the total amount payable £635.33.

My Millar CD-260W Cedar/Rosewood tenor is listed for sale at World of Ukes “Special Offers” section for £499, a big discount off the retail price. It’s in excellent condition and I believe it qualifies for free worldwide shipping. It sounds amazing and quite a bargain at that price. For some reason it’s wrongly listed as cypress but it’s a cedar/rosewood tenor.

Thanks I'll check again. I emailed them a few days ago and still haven't received a reply. I was curious about returns and shipping etc. When my son lived in Australia I sent him a package and it took a month to get there and shipping was quite expensive- years ago!

There's also a lovely but seemingly hard to find Ohana ck-42r (I believe it is) or a lovely Anuenue AMM2.

Top Bottom