Any Way to Print or Save a Thread?

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
We used to be able to save or print an entire thread. In the "Thread Tools." Now, I don't see any way to print or save anything.

I can use Firefox's "Save As" or "Print" but the results haven't been very good.

Except copy and paste into a different format. Or do a screen shot.

Am I missing something?

We used to be able to save or print an entire thread. In the "Thread Tools." Now, I don't see any way to print or save anything.

I can use Firefox's "Save As" or "Print" but the results haven't been very good.

Except copy and paste into a different format. Or do a screen shot.

Am I missing something?
Use the share logo top right corner

Geez, in Chrome, I just go to the top of the page, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, then click the star to bookmark the thread, or anything else. Just tried it with this exact thread, no prob. Don't ask me how to do that in Apple, no clue there.
In Safari, press command-p and save as PDF.

Do any of these methods actually print the entire thread (which is what I think the OP is trying to do)? Sure you can print one page, or you can bookmark the thread, but is there a way to take a multipage thread and print it into a single document (either physical paper or a pdf for instance)?

In Firefox, I went to File, then print screen
and when I told it to print, I got this:
1635294477478.png

So it prints...

In Firefox, I went to File, then print screen
and when I told it to print, I got this:
View attachment 136570

So it prints...
Yes, but that prints a page of a thread. I really think that what Kenn2018 is looking for is a way to print (or save) an entire multi-page thread in a single go, rather than printing each page of the thread.

I've never seen a browser be able to print more than the window that is showing. The old site did give us a choice of how many posts we can see on one page, but I don't see a setting for that in the new forum. I would guess that ZenForo has a setting for that, which would need to be added by Aaron/anaka.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Some (most?) modern browsers can print the whole window without the scrollbars. On Edge it's "Web Capture", and I believe there are similar features in Chrome and Safari. It still requires going to each page in a multi-page thread, but then can capture the whole page. You can see by the location of the menu-bar in the middle of the web capture that I had scrolled to the bottom of the thread before snapping it.

Unlike the old forum, I don't think ZenForo doesn't allow individuals to control pagination. How many posts per page are set at the site level rather than user-account options.

Web capture_26-10-2021_19115_forum.ukuleleunderground.com.jpeg

Top Bottom