Anybody want to sell me a piece of Mahogany for a back?

necessaryrooster

UU VIP
UU VIP
I'm repairing an old Vita (I don't think it's the real thing due to lack of manufacturer marks) and the back had some serious cracks in it, so I think I just want to replace the back entirely. Looking for a piece of mahogany to match the sides, but all I can find on tonewood sites are back and side sets, or top, back, and side sets. I don't need the extra wood. I really just want a back piece.

For this uke I'd probably need a piece big enough for a concert size, due to the irregular shape. Thanks!

jupiteruke

I have a bunch of Cuban mahogany (Swietenia mahagoni) that I cut from a tree taken down in south Florida. It has been up in my attic after re-saw for a couple of years. It is pretty light pink in color but I think will darken on exposure to light, judging by the log ends that sat around for a while. If you want to try it out, send me your address and I'll send you some, no charge.

necessaryrooster

UU VIP
UU VIP
I have a bunch of Cuban mahogany (Swietenia mahagoni) that I cut from a tree taken down in south Florida. It has been up in my attic after re-saw for a couple of years. It is pretty light pink in color but I think will darken on exposure to light, judging by the log ends that sat around for a while. If you want to try it out, send me your address and I'll send you some, no charge.
Thank you so much! Sent you a PM.