Artistworks lessons

Joyful Uke

Since various lessons are being mentioned in threads, I wonder if anyone has taken lessons on Artistworks?

I get emails from them all the time, but haven't given them a try yet.

I think it's a great idea to be able to submit videos to the instructors, but don't have the tools to do that. But, it looks like there are a variety of instruments for the courses, including ukulele, and they have a lot of material at different skill levels for learning.

rainbow21

The lessons are short and sweet. But I really don't use them that much since there is so much content now online.

The thing to be aware of is that there have been substantial discounts twice a year (half price?). These have been in July and December.

I subscribed for a year and loved it. There’s a lot of free stuff on YouTube, but most of it doesn’t have a flow that a curriculum brings and even more of it is taught by beginners showing what they just learned. It’s tough to separate the chaff from the wheat and then figure out what order the wheat should be worked with. ;-)

That’s why I really like the ArtistWorks uke course. They get really in-depth with the video responses (which are public to all students of the course so everyone can learn from everyone else) and they’re easy to upload. I would normally just use my phone to record a video while my kid was doing ballet lessons.

There are discounts offered all the time, though, so don’t feel like you have to pay full price and don’t feel like you have to buy a year, either. Try getting a 3-month subscription when it goes on sale (might be on sale right now, actually) and see if you can fit it into your routine and whether it’s beneficial for you. There are plenty of online curriculums out there that have a good flow and give you the chance to track your progress.

gm07

+1
I like that uke course, too. Love the bite sized lessons and different angles.
While learning and practising, I don't wanna deal with commercials, ads, sales pitching, fast-talking and chatty 'teachers'. I highly value quality lessons but everyone is different and learns in a different way.

Joyful Uke

They have a sale going on now. The codes to use are at the top of their website.

I had a code where I could get one month, instead of having to sign up for the usual 3, 6, or 12 months. I decided to check out the banjo lessons using that code, (since I don't know anything about playing banjo, it would be a way to get started), and it looks like those classes are very well organized, and as was already said, bite sized lessons and different angles. Lots of pdfs that you can download, too.

I assume that the ukulele lessons are similar to that format.

So, now in addition to browsing for ukuleles online, I can browse for banjos. LOL.

Lapyang

Yup, I subscribed for a year and really liked it. It is organized and I needed that. You can also get feedback from Craig and Sarah which is priceless.
I learned what I could in a year. It was a couple of years ago and some material was a bit advanced to me. I planned to rejoin when I am ready for certain topics (mainly the jazz comping).