Ask the person after you a random question

YooperGirl

Mmm..
Don’t over-process your hair
Don’t even try smoking and you won’t get hooked
Stop talking to that boy
☺️
What did you want to be when you were younger and are you doing that today?

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
I wanted to be a cartoonist. It ended up not being the way I made a living, but I *was* an almost-professional cartoonist for a while when I was younger and I'm still drawing cartoons and occasionally designing greeting cards.

What is something you did as an adult that you never thought when you were a kid that you'd ever do?

Jan D

A device to help me move stiff window levers. (Cardboard and packing tape to the rescue, once again!)

Favorite season, and why?

captain-janeway

chocolate glazed

did you ever drive a moped during the 70s craze for them? Save that gas!

YooperGirl

No and I actually never drove a moped at all ☺️

What is the last thing you built?

kkimura

Metal screen to keep field mice out of our Tacoma's air cleaner.

What's the worst pizza?

UkeOkay

BBQ chicken

What’s the tallest set of steps you have ever climbed?

LorenFL

I've never counted the steps, but my wife loves waterfalls, and we've hiked to a lot of them in various places. Mostly the Tennessee and North Carolina area, but also various other places in the US. There are some waterfalls that have trails with stone steps, and others with boardwalk trails with a lot of steps. A LOT of steps! Often uneven and awkward steps that have no "rhythm". Hundreds of them.

Examples:

What is the most unique landscape you've experienced?

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Recently formed lava fields on Hawai'i Island.

What's the most unusual movie theater you've ever seen a movie in?

LorenFL

I've seen those lava fields, they are stunningly different! (there's a lot of cool stuff to be seen on the Big Island) Imagine my surprise when I saw them again... in Oregon a few years later. Volcanos, go figure. For me, so far, Utah has had the most unique landscapes. It looks like another planet.

There's a 360 degree movie theater somewhere in Epcot. I think it's in the Canada "land". It's not particularly impressive by modern standards, but it's different. The whole scene envelops you. Oh, cool... Wikipedia says it's been updated to 4k. Probably better than the last time I saw it!

If you're going to sit and watch a screen for an hour or two, what do you prefer to watch, and how are you going to watch it?

Jan D

(LorenFL, I visited that 360 degree movie theatre during one of my trips to Epcot in the late 70’s. Definitely a unique experience, at that time. I though it was kind of cool, actually.)

If I’m going to watch a screen for 1-2 hours, it usually involves music in some way .... a musical, a concert, or a documentary about a musical performer or band (via Kanopy or Tubi). I also watch lots of miscellaneous music videos on YouTube. My choice of devices is limited, as I don’t own a TV or adequate laptop, so I generally watch everything on my iPad Air, and use Sony headphones.

What, and where, is your favorite body of water?

Last edited:

Voran

(LorenFL, I visited that 360 degree movie theatre during one of my trips to Epcot in the late 70’s. Definitely a unique experience, at that time. I though it was kind of cool, actually.)

If I’m going to watch a screen for 1-2 hours, it usually involves music in some way .... a musical, a concert, or a documentary about a musical performer or band (via Kanopy or Tubi). I also watch lots of miscellaneous music videos on YouTube. My choice of devices is limited, as I don’t own a TV or adequate laptop, so I generally watch everything on my iPad Air, and use Sony headphones.

What, and where, is your favorite body of water?
That's a tough one. I got a few. Probably the beach by Crookhaven, southern Ireland.

When did you last jump into deep water for fun?

kkimura

Jumped off the Kuhio Beach breakwater back when I was in the 8th grade. (not that deep but over my head)

What's your favorite place to swim?

YooperGirl

Lake Superior. Fresh, crystal clear and freezing. Very refreshing.

What would be your best piece of advice that you would give to any person and/or yourself?

LorenFL

Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff. Rule #2: It's all small stuff!

Or: Invest. Start investing as soon as you start getting a paycheck. 10% off the top. Always. Just do it. You'll never miss it, and you'll be pretty well set for retirement before you're 60 rather than trying to catch up when you're in your mid-50's like I am!

When was the last time you wrote an actual letter? Not an email, not a text, not a greeting card, an actual hand-written-on-paper letter... folded and placed in an addressed envelope with a stamp on it?

YooperGirl

Ohhhh myyy…it has been aWHILE! I’m reminded of all the pen pals I had back in the day. ☺️ So fun!!! ❤️ It probably was one of those..to one of my pen pals. (Lisa Frank stationary was the coolest! 🙌)

What is the very first instrument you attempted to learn, and did you end up learning to play it?

kkimura

I tried my Dad's harmonica. It was a big old Hohner Chromatic. Never did get the hang of it.

Whats your favorite music genre?