Ask the person after you a random question

No.

What is your favorite song to play on the ukulele? Provide link to arrangement if possible.

Island Style

What's your favorite tin pan alley song?

I have no idea what tin pan alley music even is.

Do you like moths?

Nope.

Do you drink Red Bull?

Nope.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Nope.

You said NOPE! One of my 3 favorite words

I don't know and I'm too lazy to google.

Why do I want a seven stringed uke?

re-runs of the old classics

what is your favourite cartoon show?

Either The Jetsons or The Flintstones, I just can't decide.

If your most precious ukulele were smashed and severely damaged, would you pay a luthier to repair it, or would you eat the loss and accept the grief, and then try to replace it with a new ukulele (same or other model)?

Either The Jetsons or The Flintstones, I just can't decide.

If your most precious ukulele were smashed and severely damaged, would you pay a luthier to repair it, or would you eat the loss and accept the grief, and then try to replace it with a new ukulele (same or other model)?
Pay to repair it. Instruments are personal. I can't buy an intimate relationship with a new uke. My boredom, rage, pain, happiness and exhilaration, perhaps even gratitude, are imprinted into the fretboards by now.

No I'm serious. Instruments and especially strings are intimate and personal, if you ask me.

Do you like the yaybahar?

Is that a real question? I suppose that’s both an answer and the next question.

It's a real question (and a real instrument: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaybahar )

Speaking of unusual instruments, what the most unusual instrument you've played (for calibration: ukes are the most common instrument, at least on this forum)?

kalimba! and what a beautiful instrument it is. :)

what do you like to snack on when you go to the movies?

It’s been years ... buttered popcorn.

When, and where, do you do most of your book reading?

African or European Swallow? (I knew that question was going to come up as soon as I saw this thread... almost asked it, myself)

When, and where, do you do most of your book reading?
I haven't read a book since our power was out for a week after the last hurricane (Irma?). But, if I were going to read... I'd do it here on the couch.

I-IV-V or II-V-I?

Last edited:
I-IV-V.

Are you happy with the direction your personal life is going? (ignoring all of the world crises for the moment...)

Yeah, I've got a good handle on life at this point. The world's a mess, but my little bubble is just dandy!

Have you ever played your uke with a capo on the 12th fret?

No, it rarely gets past 2nd base.

What is the oddest tune you’ve heard played on a ukulele?

Top Bottom