ATTENTION: Stolen Ukulele

We recently had a theft of a $30,000 custom cello out of a local musician's car while she was taking groceries into the house.

It was later turned in by someone who's friend had bought it in front of a grocery store for $40.

I'd definitely be willing to donate my kala ka-st signed by jake if they needed it!

What is this world coming too? :( Stealing from children...

I'd definitely be willing to donate my kala ka-st signed by jake if they needed it!

That's so awesome for you to be willing to do this. I actually have one that I would be willing to donate also. Maybe if we can get 25 total do donate, I'll try and get ahold of the school to let them know. It may not be Kamaka's but its something so the kids can continue to play!

Thats bad news....:(

I hope they catch those idiots!

What a terrible thing! Music in schools help children in life and to even think that someone can be so heartless. I remember playing in elementary school we had ukulele time! Will keep an eye out for those stolen ukes.

That's so awesome for you to be willing to do this. I actually have one that I would be willing to donate also. Maybe if we can get 25 total do donate, I'll try and get ahold of the school to let them know. It may not be Kamaka's but its something so the kids can continue to play!

Hey Dino I have a Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Koa with a padded case I could donate. I'll pay the shipping. Just PM me.

Jack

What a terrible thing! Music in schools help children in life and to even think that someone can be so heartless. I remember playing in elementary school we had ukulele time! Will keep an eye out for those stolen ukes.

I have always believed that three areas of study are signs of societal progression: Science, Engineering, and Art. Lack of respect towards any of these shows regression in the growth of civilization.

On a trip to San Francisco, my family and I went to tour Alcatraz. At the time there was a former inmate there as part of the tour to talk about his incarceration.
During a break I started to chat with him and asked him what it was that made him turn to crime. He said it was two things. 1) lack of respect for other people and 2) lack of respect for other people's property.
This was really low. I don't have a uke to donate but if there is a fund or some way to help please post it.

I don't have a uke to donate but I'd kick in a few bucks.

Just an idea

OK hear is just an idea, or my thoughts. Why can’t we set up a fund through UU each member give what they can afford. I think there are about 3000 of us even a dollar would go a long way.

Than we could talk to Mike MGM and see if he could get us a deal on some ukes, or any other vender I just know Mike.

Than donate the ukes in the name of UU

When they catch them (and I sure hope they do) I think they should be transported in chains to UWC2010, where a bunch of very irate ukulele players could be allowed to teach them not to steal ukulele from little kids....

I think a Dixie banjulele in the right hands would be a powerful teaching tool....

When they catch them (and I sure hope they do) I think they should be transported in chains to UWC2010, where a bunch of very irate ukulele players could be allowed to teach them not to steal ukulele from little kids....

This may be a very good reason to activate the Chicken Emergency Broadcast System.

Mike?

--Mark

Top Bottom