ATTENTION: Stolen Ukulele

Hopefully the school has insurance coverage that will quickly replace the stolen goods.

I guess this is really the first question to ask before anyone sets up a fund. Dino, is there someone at the school you can contact?

I guess this is really the first question to ask before anyone sets up a fund. Dino, is there someone at the school you can contact?

Yes. I will do that on Monday. Honestly, schools here would not even have the funds to insure things like that. They had em for 20 years already.

As far as the ukes or a fund goes, if we can raise $625, we will be able to get 25 brand new ukes for the kids at the school. How does that sound?

Yes. I will do that on Monday. Honestly, schools here would not even have the funds to insure things like that. They had em for 20 years already.

As far as the ukes or a fund goes, if we can raise $625, we will be able to get 25 brand new ukes for the kids at the school. How does that sound?

put me down for $100

Put me down for $50

maybe someone could email the buyer for some more detailed pics?

Done. I asked for the typical pictures a prospective buyer may need - headstock front and back, bridge, neck/body junction...I hope I sounded prospective. Even if it's legit, the price seems a bit high for a Kamaka with its label partially gone...

If they aren't insured, I'm in for $100. Tell me where to send it.

Someone should let the people at some of the hawaii based makers such as Kamaka and KoAloha know about this. They might want to help out. (And...Kala is HQ'd about 20 miles from where I live in the Bay Area. Happy to get in touch with them to see if they might give the school a special price on some student Ukes.)

wow. some people have nothing better to do then just cause strife.

I received pics from the seller of that Kamaka on Craigslist. I don't see any sign of writing on the headstock, front or back - finish looks smooth and doesn't look like anybody tried to remove any markings. That ripped label is sure troubling, though. Otherwise, the uke appears to be in great shape... Not sure school kids would keep it that nice.

I received pics from the seller of that Kamaka on Craigslist. I don't see any sign of writing on the headstock, front or back - finish looks smooth and doesn't look like anybody tried to remove any markings. That ripped label is sure troubling, though. Otherwise, the uke appears to be in great shape... Not sure school kids would keep it that nice.

you'd be surprised. I let my students play my koAloha.

More specifically: has anyone been in contact with the school to confirm whether they are insured? (School may have an umbrella policy that covers th is.) And if not, if we want to donate money, where could we send it to them at?

If no one has, I'll be happy to get in touch with them to find out.

If it is a State of Hawai'i run school as most if not all schools on military bases here are then they are self-insured meaning the State covers any loss (I worked for the State of Hawai'i for 16 years). Problem with this is the State is at such a financial crunch right now they are threatening layoff of State employees. I think jobs would take priority over 'ukuleles.

if they're not recovered then put me down for $25. i'd donate more but times are hard.

how big were the pics? it looks like in the small CL one zoomed up that the label area is photoshopped but i could just be the low res quality

Top Bottom