ATTENTION: Stolen Ukulele

I've contacted the school principal, to find out if there is insurance coverage. And if not, to let them know many of us are interested in making donations and to ask for a way to send the donations to them. I'll let you know what she says, when I hear back.

Thanks for the updates! Did I say I would donate yet? If I didn't well consider this my offer! I can't say how much right now all depends when the money is collected.. But no less than 25.

Thanks for the update Kmetzger. Keep us posted as I'm ready to help.

I've contacted the school principal, to find out if there is insurance coverage. And if not, to let them know many of us are interested in making donations and to ask for a way to send the donations to them. I'll let you know what she says, when I hear back.

I'd be willing to chip in $50 for sure!

how big were the pics? it looks like in the small CL one zoomed up that the label area is photoshopped but i could just be the low res quality

Label is very clearly ripped. The pics were very detailed. The area on the headstock on CL that I thought could possibly be smudged writing turned out to be a long string sticking out from the tuner.

Hey Gang,
I am awaiting a call from my workplaces credit union to see about opening an account so people can safely deposit money for this fund raiser. I work for the Honolulu Police Department as a dispatcher. I will post info as soon as I get it. Thank you all for the people who said they would be willing to donate some funds for this venture. Breaks my heart to know that these kids cant continue to play due to someone elses greed and stupidity! Aloha, Dino

I just spoke to the Vice Principle of Hale Kula Elementary School who said they have verbal confirmation that 25 ukulele will be sent to them. The donation is coming from the University of Hawaii. Thank you for everyone who had interest in this venture. Now we know that the kids will be able to continue play and have fun!

I just spoke to the Vice Principle of Hale Kula Elementary School who said they have verbal confirmation that 25 ukulele will be sent to them. The donation is coming from the University of Hawaii. Thank you for everyone who had interest in this venture. Now we know that the kids will be able to continue play and have fun!

that's great news :D glad to hear

Glad to hear the great news. If for some reason it does't happen let us know.

That's great! Should we start a fund to insure them?

Glad to hear it. Now is the University of Hawaii going to be short some ukes?

Nah, I think they have more money than they say. Besides, they got a lot of help when the....i think this was it.....the University High School burned down. That got a lot of donations too.

I believe Norman Takeya teaches a ukulele building class at HCC in Waipahu and heads a program called "Ukes for Kids". This is where the ukuleles are coming from. Norm just sent me this message: "Ukes for Kids will be donating 25 ukulele to replace the stolen ukuleles. We'll be delivering the ukulele early next week." I don't know the exact numbers but his program has donated hundreds (maybe 1000?) of ukes for needy and underpriveleged keiki (children) of Hawaii. Kudos to Ukes for Kids!

I believe Norman Takeya teaches a ukulele building class at HCC in Waipahu and heads a program called "Ukes for Kids". This is where the ukuleles are coming from. Norm just sent me this message: "Ukes for Kids will be donating 25 ukulele to replace the stolen ukuleles. We'll be delivering the ukulele early next week." I don't know the exact numbers but his program has donated hundreds (maybe 1000?) of ukes for needy and underpriveleged keiki (children) of Hawaii. Kudos to Ukes for Kids!

Does anyone know if they have a way to donate, or any sort of website?

I'm glad to hear that this situation appears to be coming to a happy ending. Please keep the updates coming so that if I need to kick i n some cash I'd like to. No less than 25 anyway.

Top Bottom