Bari me please!

bugger ....can I take two bass strings off a geetar and enter... ?
well you know i did a vid with what i called a fakelele, a classical guitar with the lowest souding two strings muted with a bit of material, while i was waiting for the baritone uke i'd ordered, to arrive

if you wanna go to the end of the vid, i show the extremely high tech nature of this instrument https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWM4LyTKKbk (go to a minute in)

and that was for an actual season, so.......................

and...

Pa .....what is a camp fire ? One with a pink flame ?

Or do we mean a campfire..........:eek:

Commmmeee onnnnnn ...thats a bit funnee......(possibly politically bollocks )
i think it's funny!

well you know i did a vid with what i called a fakelele, a classical guitar with the lowest souding two strings muted with a bit of material, while i was waiting for the baritone uke i'd ordered, to arrive

if you wanna go to the end of the vid, i show the extremely high tech nature of this instrument https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWM4LyTKKbk (go to a minute in)

and that was for an actual season, so.......................

and...

i think it's funny!

Thanks Bird ....

Oops! I wrote this back at the end of August, inspired by and intended for this thread ... then left the house in a hurry ... and never came back here to post it. I've forgotten whether there was a deadline on this contest, but this belongs here in any case:

OK - I have revisited this thread and chosen my winner.

I sure hope you didn't just come and play your baris for me just for the chance of winning some strings. I sure did enjoy ALL the entries!
Very difficult choice but -

I'm going with UkeVal for playing and singing two original compostions for this thread - Snow and Another Day.

Send me your address Val and I'll get some bari strings to the value of $20au to you. Probably Aquila but if you have a preference with that price in mind let me know.

Cheers, Brian.

congrats to ukeval!

and lol pa no i don't think we came here for the strings! it was just great to have a thread celebrating the bari and encouraging us to play. like the seasons, it'd work with no prize at all, i reckon, but it's a nice touch i think to have a little something up for grabs

thanks so much for running this for us!

Here's a little 3 chord original I've been working on on my Tiki flea.
Thought I'd try it on the bari and post it here to encourage others to post their bari songs here too.

I love this song. An original? Very nice. If you're into sharing tabs I'd appreciate it. If not no worries and thanks for sharing.

Great contest Pa. I can't believe I haven't recorded a song with my bari yet. This is a great excuse to do so. I love simple recordings of just a person and their uke so I like that restriction as well. I kind of broke that rule but I don't get a lot of free time to play uke. So I tend to do it with my best friend strapped to my chest. Here is a classic tune I learned from one of Eugene's videos.

Props to you. And bikes in the background too!

Gee! I'm just gonna share this in here.
Todd B is back postring vids again and if you don't know about him you should.
He is one of my big inspirations for posting vids here on the tube and uking doesn't come much better IMHO.
Here is his latest -

VERY nice playing and vocals. What song is that?

Thanks!

Top Bottom