Baritone string sets that do not have wound strings

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello -

Are there any baritone string sets that do not have wound strings in them? I kind of wish I had the same tonal response from all the strings, and a wound low string sounds a bit different to me.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Uke Logic offers both low and high tension versions. I've also used Worth Browns and Clears. Used both brands on Pono (Acacia topped) and Kala (spruce topped) ukes. FWIW, for a set of Uke Logics, I ordered a set of low/medium tensions, but had Joel swap the A string for a high tension.

Last edited:
Are there any baritone string sets that do not have wound strings in them?

Worth makes them... in both Clear and Brown. I have the browns on both of my Baris (a Pono and an Oscar Schmidt) and I like them a lot! The color looks nice against a dark fretboard and mahogany body as well!

I got mine from Strings by Mail...

Ken Middleton's "Living Water Strings" have non-wound Baritone sets for both High "D" and Low "D" tunings.

Hello -

Are there any baritone string sets that do not have wound strings in them? I kind of wish I had the same tonal response from all the strings, and a wound low string sounds a bit different to me.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
You can add Phd strings and Oasis to the list. Both available at Strings by Mail.

Living Waters are very well respected but since I only use dark strings I use Worth...until Orca or Anuenue finally put out some dark baritone strings.

Ken Middleton's "Living Water Strings" have non-wound Baritone sets for both High "D" and Low "D" tunings.
I have Living Waters on both my baritones now. Low D on one and high D on the other. Like the feel and love the sound.

Also note that both Nylon and Fluorocarbon are hydrocarbon materials with a high % of carbon atoms, they are both "Carbon" strings.
that explains why I don't need any soda with my whisky when I'm playing: I'm already highly carbonated.

Top Bottom