Baritone Strings GCEA low g

Floyd Amason

Reaction score
Has anyone used Ukulele Creations PhD GCEA low g strings for Baritone ukes and how do they compare to Living Water strings? FLOYD

They're in the same family of flourocarbon. Any difference will be subtle.

No reason not to try both. Strings aren't expensive.

Thanks so much for your help, I have used Worth for a number of years, but they do not make a set like this. I guess I will order both, I think it will take a couple of weeks to get Ken's strings from the UK, I can get the others in about 3 days so I will try them first. FLOYD

Are baritone gcea one octave lower than soprano and accordingly have at least two wound strings?

I've never seen that set, but I bet nontrivial money Someone's tried it with heavy guitar strings.

Usually it's "Low G" gc'e'a' just like any other "Low G."

Jazzy Ukulele in particular uses a Bari strung Low G, and as you can see from my signature, Low G is REAL popular for those of us who play Renn Guitar but can't afford a "real" Renn Guitar, the genuine article being 7 strings 2221

I've never seen that set, but I bet nontrivial money Someone's tried it with heavy guitar strings.

Jazzy Ukulele in particular uses a Bari strung Low G, and as you can see from my signature, Low G is REAL popular for those of us who play Renn Guitar but can't afford a "real" Renn Guitar, the genuine article being 7 strings 2221

I started out as guitar player, and if I think about tuning up by 5 half steps I just get that mental image of snapping string noises. So I tend to play it safe and tune down at least with steel strings, and like heavier strings anyway. Though when I had a soprano I tuned that up by two half steps to make it more comfortable, so I guess doing a bit more might add some nice punch to the baritone.

If you have time, could you please expand on/explain this further. What’s that mean, 2221?

I found an old harmony baritone at a thrift store for 7 dollars. I had it checked out at a uke shop and they said that it was a 1949 issue. It has great tone and is intune to the 12 frett. I have never played guitar, I started playing uke after I had retired from touring with my twin brother for close 35 years. When I was on the road with him, I played upright Bass, harmonica, fiddle and Keyboard. He played guitar and wrote 90% of our music and I wrote the other 10%. Anyway, to make a long story short, I am in my 70s and I just do not want to learn new chords. From my understanding, these strings are at the same pitch as a regular gcea instrument but will not harm the neck on my Baritone. If you get a chance check out my video's on Youtube at Floyd Amason. Have a blessed day my friend.

Top Bottom