Being alone in your 50s?

The older I get, the more I understand that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another when it comes to life styles. Hold firm to what you believe is best for you, but also keep your mind open to consider new ideas. (Consider doesn't mean to follow blindly. Consider means to be able to change for the better, on your terms.)
Eh I've genuinely tried to be a relationships person because I fell for the idea women are supposed to want that. Women aren't supposed to be lone mountain ranger personality types, that's for men. I'm supposed to want love and commitment, I'm not supposed to want to take an attractive guy home for the night and then ignore each other until we next feel like having some fun. I'm supposed to want stability and I love yous and happily ever afters.

It ended badly when I was younger. Someone actually moved from one continent to another to be in a serious relationship with me and I increasingly felt stifled and caged. It all blew up when one day he was ranting about some other unrelated issue and I went off like a nuclear explosion and ended it.

I just don't want to 'spend my life with someone', I want to wander a remote mountain playing my ukulele and singing my ass off, by myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom