Best baritone ukulele under $250 sold in the US

I always liked the sound of the Cordoba 20BM. No affiliation with HMS but they have a great sound sample.

Maybe take a good look at Elderlys webpage, and sort for baritone ukes . Looks like they have a few in stock that would fit your budget and one a bit over. I'd give them a closer look along with HMS.

HMS, aka The Ukulele Site has a Kala just over $300 that would fit the bill too. It would be the only model they have in stock close to your set price range.

Finding another $50 or a hundred bucks if you can will expand your choices. In the long run it could really help you get an instrument you will be more likely to enjoy and hang on to.

Both those dealers have very professional staff and can answer questions you may have.

I always liked the sound of the Cordoba 20BM. No affiliation with HMS but they have a great sound sample.

Thanks i'll look into the Cordoba 20BM

Ok but i'm technical so i can do the setup myself. Filing the saddle and nut is not a big deal. Thank you
If that's the case there are a lot more choices at places like Sweetwater and musicians friend.

eBay and Reverb has good vintage baritones, if you can look over the pictures. I have a Bobby Henshaw Vega built solid mahogany and a laminate top and back Tempo.

If the goal is to buy new then of course it is essential to look for deals as regular priced ukes are sold at huge margin. This will take some patience and regular price checking, but many commonly sold ukes can easily be found for close to half of regular posted prices. Good places to check are Mim B stock, HMS, or Sweetwater deals. Sometimes calling your favourite dealer for their best price or items on sale that need to move can also help. If you have a limited budget then don't buy things at their highest posted price.

How much does a baritone and tenor differ in sustain and projection. I ask because they don't sell baritone, tenor and concert ukuleles in my country. If the difference is small i'm going to look for a tenor, because there are lots of options
If you're in linear C tuning (GCEA), it's true that a bari will have more sustain than a tenor—but I'd take a better-quality tenor over a mediocre bari for that tuning any day. And this is from someone who vastly prefers bari to tenor for linear GCEA. Most players in linear GCEA are using tenors.

However, if you're in linear G tuning (standard bari tuning—DGBE) you'll really need a bari as a tenor won't have the body size to handle the low D string (a bari only barely does).

For an entry-level bari, an option is the Flight NUB310. I'd say it's similar in quality to the Kala KA-B. Choirguy reviewed it here: .

Last edited:
For an entry-level bari, an option is the Flight NUB310. I'd say it's similar in quality to the Kala KA-B. Choirguy reviewed it here: .

Thank you, i'll check the Flight, seems like a well made baritone ukulele

If you are in Europe why would you want to buy a generic China made uke from US, where cost of shipping and customs will probably be more than value of uke? Why not pay a little more and get a real European built instrument. Call Bruko and ask them to build you one with the specs you want.

If you are in Europe why would you want to buy a generic China made uke from US, where cost of shipping and customs will probably be more than value of uke? Why not pay a little more and get a real European built instrument. Call Bruko and ask them to build you one with the specs you want.

I don't live in i live in Europe. I live in in South America. So ordering a uke from the US is far cheaper than ordering one from Europe

You can get a "Classic mahogany" solid wood baritone from Mainland for $339.

I have a cedar/rosewood model and it is excellent.

You can get a "Classic mahogany" solid wood baritone from Mainland for $339.

I have a cedar/rosewood model and it is excellent.
Thanks, i've made up my mind already, i'm going for a Ohana

Already bought a Ohana BK-35G

Top Bottom