Big Island Honu KT-TR TENOR - REVIEW

Ziret

I can’t stop looking at the label. It looks like it’s going to say “Clearance Sale.” I’m not sure I’d want that. Other than that, I like the headstock, and it’s nicely made. Thanks for the review.

Dohle

I used to hate the Big Island headstock but it's grown on me similarly to the KoAloha headstock. Plus it's one of the very few headstocks where geared tuners actually look decent, in my opinion.

At that price I was also thinking that this would be a really nice option to Pono or similar brands. The price quality ratio looks to be similar to something like Millar, i.e., extremely good. Not that many Big Island dealers about though. Maybe they should have another look at their marketing or something...

bazmaz

Although this only appears on their honu line. I used to own one without that moniker and was flat topped square headstock - plain as you like

Personally think this exceeds Pono by a fair bit. More on a par with Millar

M3Ukulele

Nice review! I don’t mind the blonde Koa but agree, when you think Koa you think nicer stripes. I looked up their two series above the KX and Artist and looks like they save the premium Koa for those model. I do like the heal as you mentioned. I would rather have Grover open back tuners also, but I’m sure what in on there would be fine. The artist series had UPT planetary tuners. Thanks for sharing!

Eggs_n_Ham

Beauty ukulele. I have found that tenor ukuleles seem to be the "sweetspot" for me!