Black Friday deals?

mikelz777

Reaction score
Black Friday is just around the corner. Does anyone know of any upcoming deals? Do any uke sellers ever offer discounts on days like black Friday?

Black Friday is just around the corner. Does anyone know of any upcoming deals? Do any uke sellers ever offer discounts on days like black Friday?

Sweetwater has already started early Black Friday.

Maybe not the place to buy a ukulele, but if you want a case/a tuner/a vibrating metronome wristwatch/etc…

Big box stores/sites likely will- sweetwater, guitar center, musicians friend, zzounds, etc. Based on past years/threads some makers/stores might put selected models on sale and/or reduce some by 10% or so, but I wouldn't expect typical black Friday deals from our favorite uke shops.

15% off all in stock ukulele & guitars at Wood Vibrations Music is happening now!

The Ukulele Site just sent around an email with codes for 10% off Pono and Mauloa (pono10, mauloa10). This week only, apparently.

Here's a tip from me to you as an early Christmas present: Don't buy a uke based on price.

I sorta laugh about discounts on ukulele sites, most online sellers i visit have perpetually “slashed” discount prices for everything, as if they’ve been sitting there for years. I know it’s a ploy, based on the manufactures retail price but it still cracks me up and has become it’s own ukulele trope. So I wonder if the codes align to the seller’s advertised slashed price or off the MSRP (basically the same deal you’d normally get). Guess I’ll investigate, I’m a sucker.

I sorta laugh about discounts on ukulele sites, most online sellers i visit have perpetually “slashed” discount prices for everything, as if they’ve been sitting there for years. I know it’s a ploy, based on the manufactures retail price but it still cracks me up and has become it’s own ukulele trope. So I wonder if the codes align to the seller’s advertised slashed price or off the MSRP (basically the same deal you’d normally get). Guess I’ll investigate, I’m a sucker.

Speaking of, I expect a huge sale at #1/Ultp/Terry c... Something like 50% off ukes marked up 100%.

Puapua is having a sale... no ridiculous markdowns but still.

Here's a tip from me to you as an early Christmas present: Don't buy a uke based on price.
You don’t have to worry about that with the OP…they own a number of excellent ukuleles already!

Don't tell that to Rich Davis !
Rich is a friend, and he is right…for his playing and what he wants to do, his ukuleles work just fine and he really doesn’t want or need “top dollar” ukuleles. And that’s okay because I own enough of those “top dollar” ukes for the both of us!

And for a lot of players (kids and adults) there are a lot of sub $80 ukulele kits that would be all the ukulele they need for their lives. That isn’t me, but as a teacher, I get it.

Incidentally, one of my best finds of all the reviews I’ve done is still the Aiersi pineapple soprano. The value isn’t what it was with inflation and shipping—but what an amazing ukulele it is for an under $35 at one point!

From UkuleleLab Instagram :
It's that time again. Here is our Black Friday sale! $200 off any uke in stock that is not on sale. So that's $200 off that Kamaka, KoAloha or Kanile'a ukulele we have in stock! Don't miss this sale since once inventory is gone, the sale is over!⁡ Use code BLACKFRIDAY22 @ checkout to apply discount!

Southern Ukulele Store (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):

... ukulele with a 10% discount in the month of November 2022 using the discount code BLACK10 on our online store

Rich is a friend, and he is right…for his playing and what he wants to do, his ukuleles work just fine and he really doesn’t want or need “top dollar” ukuleles. And that’s okay because I own enough of those “top dollar” ukes for the both of us!

And for a lot of players (kids and adults) there are a lot of sub $80 ukulele kits that would be all the ukulele they need for their lives. That isn’t me, but as a teacher, I get it.

Incidentally, one of my best finds of all the reviews I’ve done is still the Aiersi pineapple soprano. The value isn’t what it was with inflation and shipping—but what an amazing ukulele it is for an under $35 at one point!
Can you post a link to that Aires pineapple soprano ?
Do you have any experience with the Aiersi Koa Pili Koko Pinapple Ukulele ?

Top Bottom