Blackbird BTU CF Tenor (Recent)

soupking

Selling my Blackbird Carbon Fiber tenor I purchased from Hawaii Music Supply last year. Doesn't have much playing time, with the usual scratch marks on the face that are impossible to photograph.

I'm asking $1,000, shipped and insured to CONUS only-- sorry. I can take more pics and send by phone to serious inquirers. I've sold about a half a billion ukuleles here over the years, so feel free to inquire with other long-standing members. Thanks-- Matt

Attachments

• IMG_7517.jpg
    IMG_7517.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_7680.jpg
    IMG_7680.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_7681.jpg
    IMG_7681.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 233

soupking

I don't know why this video is so jacked up, but here's what it sounds like; just like a Blackbird carbon fiber tenor, 'cause that's what it is :eek:

soupking

Pusssssh. I'm gonna try to get more pics posted, but as stated up there, it's virtually in like-new condition. I haven't played it much. I think these are going for over $1,400 now. It'll come with the Alligator case, too, provided by Blackbird/HMS.

soupking

More pics that I'm sure will end up sideways :rolleyes: They are! I just checked. I give up.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

soupking

Price drop to $900. I believe these are $1,400 now, so this is $500 off. PM me and I can email pics and probably more vids.

igorthebarbarian

This is so tempting. But I'm low on extra disposable income at the moment and a vacation is soon. Otherwise I'd probably be all over this deal.

soupking

With or without the MiSi pickup?

No pick-up. I never really understood the point of putting one into a Blackbird, though. I bought it to take it anywhere, but, to me, a pick-up would defeat that purpose. Just my opinion on the matter. I'm actually on the fence about selling this now-- I'll leave it open for now anyway and try to push one of my Kamakas first.

carlahansen

Matt,

I have been looking for a BTU for several weeks. I am VERY SERIOUS about this one. Can you tell me, does it come with a case, if so which brand would it be. Does it have a
pick up, and I assume it has the buttons for a strap.

Best Regards, Carla Hansen

MaineUke

Hi there. Im interested. Please check out my big island Uke for sale and if you want part trade I will pay the difference.

Selling my Blackbird Carbon Fiber tenor I purchased from Hawaii Music Supply last year. Doesn't have much playing time, with the usual scratch marks on the face that are impossible to photograph.

I'm asking $1,000, shipped and insured to CONUS only-- sorry. I can take more pics and send by phone to serious inquirers. I've sold about a half a billion ukuleles here over the years, so feel free to inquire with other long-standing members. Thanks-- Matt

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
sometimes not a drop, and then when it rains. . . it pours!

Last edited:

Doc_J

That's a nice looking Blackbird, Matt. If someone wants a Blackbird, this is a good price, buy it soon.
attachment.php

MojaveGarden

Price drop to $900. I believe these are $1,400 now, so this is $500 off. PM me and I can email pics and probably more vids.

Hey! I'd really like to get my hands on this one if it's still available. Can't send you a message since your inbox is full.

rhiggie

Interested in how the sound differs from their ekoa tenor. The design is very similar to the Clara concert.

igorthebarbarian

This post was from 2016. I would assume/guess that SoupKing sold it (?)

I think Blackbird discontinued this model awhile ago (could’ve been 2016)

MojaveGarden

This post was from 2016. I would assume/guess that SoupKing sold it (?)

I think Blackbird discontinued this model awhile ago (could’ve been 2016)

Agreed, but might as well try. Haven't had luck at all.

It feels like they discontinued it around 2017; definitely 2018 at the latest.