Blue Frog Long Neck Soprano

Diogenes Blue

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD!

$275 include shipping in the lower 48. PLEASE READ description!

This one had issues so it's been hanging around in the shop for a couple of years, occasionally being played, so it has a few light scratches on it and one noticeable scratch on the top. $275 is about a third of what I'd usually ask for one like this.

The biggest issue it had was some stress cracks in the back on the upper bout, just below the neck. I repaired those. You can't see them and it won't be an issue in the future. Another issue is the holes in the bridge were drilled slightly off. I filled those and redrilled but the tiny dowels I filled the holes with don't match, so you can see where to old holes were. You can see the scratch in the top and the bridge in the last photo. I could do an inlay on the bridge and repair the finish for an additional $200. I'd like to just let it go as is and move on.

The uke was also quiet. I removed material from the bracing and bridge and changed to Aquila strings. Sounds much better now with good tone and decent volume. Not a sound cannon, but not quiet.

Specs:

14.7" long neck soprano (concert scale)
Black wallnut back and sides
Sitka spruce top
Asian mahogany neck, modern C shape
Ebony fretboard and headstock overlay
Gotoh UPT black tulip style geared tuners
Mother of pearl fret marker dots and Blue Frog logo
Radiused top, back, and fretboard
Low action, .030" at the 12th fret
Bone nut and compensated saddle
Hand rubbed oil finish

I'll have to reduce the size of the photos. Will post them shortly.

Last edited:
Photos.

Attachments

• 0002.jpeg
    0002.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 0007.jpeg
    0007.jpeg
    790.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 0008.jpeg
    0008.jpeg
    858.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 0009.jpeg
    0009.jpeg
    918.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 0010.jpeg
    0010.jpeg
    864.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 0011.jpeg
    0011.jpeg
    983.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 0013.jpeg
    0013.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 0016.jpeg
    0016.jpeg
    691.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 0018.jpeg
    0018.jpeg
    600.6 KB · Views: 57
$275 include shipping in the lower 48. PLEASE READ description!

This one had issues so it's been hanging around in the shop for a couple of years, occasionally being played, so it has a few light scratches on it and one noticeable scratch on the top. $275 is about a third of what I'd usually ask for one like this.

The biggest issue it had was some stress cracks in the back on the upper bout, just below the neck. I repaired those. You can't see them and it won't be an issue in the future. Another issue is the holes in the bridge were drilled slightly off. I filled those and redrilled but the tiny dowels I filled the holes with don't match, so you can see where to old holes were. You can see the scratch in the top and the bridge in the last photo. I could do an inlay on the bridge and repair the finish for an additional $200. I'd like to just let it go as is and move on.

The uke was also quiet. I removed material from the bracing and bridge and changed to Aquila strings. Sounds much better now with good tone and decent volume. Not a sound cannon, but not quiet.

Specs:

14.7" long neck soprano (concert scale)
Black wallnut back and sides
Sitka spruce top
Asian mahogany neck, modern C shape
Ebony fretboard and headstock overlay
Gotoh UPT black tulip style geared tuners
Mother of pearl fret marker dots and Blue Frog logo
Radiused top, back, and fretboard
Low action, .030" at the 12th fret
Bone nut and compensated saddle
Hand rubbed oil finish

I'll have to reduce the size of the photos. Will post them shortly.
PM sent.

Top Bottom