Boobs vs Ukulele: an ancient battle

I thought this thread was going to be about the relative merits of both boobs and ukuleles. Possibly a discussion of which is better, which one you would take to a desert island etc...

I also recommend the Uke Leash, I actually find it really hard now to play an Uke that doesn't have an Uke Leash, for no other reason than it slips and slides and with me being in a wheelchair and having little space to hold the Uke even with the leash. Thanks for posting this for our advice :D

Well I don't have boobs, and I don't have much body fat either, at least around my chest; I got strap buttons put on all my ukes after 3 days of gigging whilst holding the uke left me with bruised ribs. :(

I thought this thread was going to be about the relative merits of both boobs and ukuleles. Possibly a discussion of which is better, which one you would take to a desert island etc...

I too was lured into this thread by misinterpretation. I feel somewhat deceived and believe our understanding to be the more pressing question.

I personally would go for boobs in the desert island scenario as I'm sure with some effort I could forge a ukulele out of a coconut husk, wood and sinew from a wild animal captured.

I believe I can some up the quandary with a simple sentence. Ukuleles are great, boobs are f**king amazing!

There you go ladies, a small insight into the male mind.

This has been a very interesting morning read for me. Thank you all.

Speaking of ancient battles, the Amazons of mythology were said to have cut off their right breasts in order to more effectively use a bow...Never mind. Stick with the uke leash.

Would love to see the custom creation, but alas, all the pictures have been de-linked... :(

Cheers,
Skottoman

Skottoman,
Inside that thread is a link to another thread with pictures:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17675
and in that first posting there's also a link to Flickr for more ukulele pictures.

I watched the videos and looked at the pictures and thought about some guitars with unusual shapes, and I can easily believe that a ukulele with that shape could be a boon for many, not just women. A solid wood instrument which isn't vibrationally damped by your body should help the sound. There are even add-on devices for guitars to keep your arm from resting on the guitar body and it's claimed to improve sound. So if you can avoid damping the whole back of the instrument? It can only make things better.

-Tor

How much is a uke leash, and where is Danochka from? I know in the UK that anything under the value of £20-odd sails through customs, and even then it's only 20% (if we're talking £30 or less).

How much is a uke leash, and where is Danochka from? I know in the UK that anything under the value of £20-odd sails through customs, and even then it's only 20% (if we're talking £30 or less).
The Uke Leash in polypro is $14.99 USD. I sell quite a few to the UK. Leather Uke Leash is $29.99 USD.
–Lori

Last edited:
I'm not well-endowed, but I still play sitting down with my ukulele on my lap. With time I've found holding my ukulele gets a lot easier.
I'm with you there. :p I play mostly tenors, and sitting down it rests on my right thigh without interference.

OP, you said things were hard to find in Russia, but when you get back to the states, you might look into the Kala thinline travel series of ukes. The body depth is about half that of a regular uke, so there's less to get in the way of your "girls". ;) They are, however, surprisingly full-bodied sounding and quite affordable.

I'm a guy, and my perspective on this subject is kind of automatically skewed. However, I'm going to link a vid that was posted a while back due to a post from Seeso. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN104VMoIr8 That's UU member MissZooey. I am aware that this is a solution that will work for an extremely small portion of the the female ukulele playing population, but I liked it.....a lot. Sue me;)

I'm a guy, and my perspective on this subject is kind of automatically skewed. However, I'm going to link a vid that was posted a while back due to a post from Seeso. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN104VMoIr8 That's UU member MissZooey. I am aware that this is a solution that will work for an extremely small portion of the the female ukulele playing population, but I liked it.....a lot. Sue me;)

That's a simple solution. She's playing in the key of B-flat.:eek:

Bill

I'm with you there. :p I play mostly tenors, and sitting down it rests on my right thigh without interference.

I'm not well endowed either but I'm a guy...that's why I can rest it on my inner thigh without interference! LOL

I'm not well endowed either but I'm a guy...that's why I can rest it on my inner thigh without interference! LOL

I've thought about posting the same thing this entire thread, but just didn't have the guts! Cheers to you!

Top Bottom