Borrow an ‘Ukulele! from Hawaii Public Library

merlin666

Our library has at least 20 ukes available, though they are not good quality. Our group did several intro classes at the library locations to get people interested and we used those ukes. It was fun.

Jim Yates

The Colborne, Ontario library also has a ukulele lending program. There is also a Colborne Library Ukulele Band.Colborne Library Ukulele Band.jpg

peanuts56

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Odd, I've never before heard of libraries lending instruments. What a good idea! I wonder if I could get one sent to me through the interlibrary loan program?

SailingUke

Uke legend in my own mind
UU VIP
The Ventura, CA downtown library has ukuleles for loan as well.
Our local club meets at the library on Monday nights.

samlarsonns

The Ventura, CA downtown library has ukuleles for loan as well.
Our local club meets at the library on Monday nights.
Never hear that you can get the ukulele for a loan
Do you have to leave some money as insurance?
What's the longest period you can get for a loan because at moneyzap it's not regulated and you can even do it without an account

Last edited:

Junie Moon

Odd, I've never before heard of libraries lending instruments. What a good idea! I wonder if I could get one sent to me through the interlibrary loan program?
Many public libraries have programs called, "Library of Things." They loan out kitchen, garden and household tools, toys and games ... lots of stuff. I believe the idea came about around 2015 or so. It's pretty cool. Here's one library's Library of things: https://www.robbinslibrary.org/borrowing-items/libraries-of-things/

Dohle

Many public libraries have programs called, "Library of Things." They loan out kitchen, garden and household tools, toys and games ... lots of stuff. I believe the idea came about around 2015 or so. It's pretty cool. Here's one library's Library of things: https://www.robbinslibrary.org/borrowing-items/libraries-of-things/
We've had that in Finland for years now. Here libraries have ukes and other small instruments for loan, as well as stuff like board games, sports equipment, all kinds of appliances, etc. It's not really a program however, they've just decided to expand on loaning things other than books. It's quite nifty honestly. :)

Junie Moon

We've had that in Finland for years now. Here libraries have ukes and other small instruments for loan, as well as stuff like board games, sports equipment, all kinds of appliances, etc. It's not really a program however, they've just decided to expand on loaning things other than books. It's quite nifty honestly. :)
Yes, Dohle. 'Program' might not be the right word. As you said, libraries are expanding the range of things that they loan. My local library lends framed prints, too. And ukes.

clear