boy girl duets?

covernment

anyone know any songs on uke that are boy girl duets? may be performing at my schools bash on the grass with a female uke player so we need ideas.

SparkyUkulele

How about Crowded House It's Only Natural?

My internet is messing up at the moment but check out Prawnpal on YouTube, if memory serves they are a boy and girl on ukes doing songs together - you might find some inspiration there! Hope that helps =D

Sparky

covernment

How about Crowded House It's Only Natural?

My internet is messing up at the moment but check out Prawnpal on YouTube, if memory serves they are a boy and girl on ukes doing songs together - you might find some inspiration there! Hope that helps =D

Sparky

thanks for the suggestion ill show her tomorrow and see what she says

shwee

Frank and Nancy Sinatra's "Something Stupid" is a favorite duet of mine. "You Don't Bring me Flowers" is a good choice too. I'm a big fan of RENT, so I'm morally obligated to suggest "Light My Candle," "I Should Tell You," and "Without You." "Hate that I Love You" or "No Air" if you want something more modern. "The Song that Goes Like This"from Monty Python's Spamalot if you want to be funny. :) You could also take a song that's not a duet, and just sing the lyrics in a way that makes it sound like a duet-like, you sing one verse, she sings another, then you sing the bridge and choruses together. That makes your choices a bit broader. Good Luck!

covernment

she really likes this one so we may do it and extend it :)
i love this sound :) ill show her tomorrow
Frank and Nancy Sinatra's "Something Stupid" is a favorite duet of mine. "You Don't Bring me Flowers" is a good choice too. I'm a big fan of RENT, so I'm morally obligated to suggest "Light My Candle," "I Should Tell You," and "Without You." "Hate that I Love You" or "No Air" if you want something more modern. "The Song that Goes Like This"from Monty Python's Spamalot if you want to be funny. :) You could also take a song that's not a duet, and just sing the lyrics in a way that makes it sound like a duet-like, you sing one verse, she sings another, then you sing the bridge and choruses together. That makes your choices a bit broader. Good Luck!
i shall def see what casey says tomorrow
A bit of a challenge on the arrangement, but worth a listen, anyway.

"It's Alright" by Tripping Lily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS7CD19PG8s
its awesome but i cant find the chords :( do you have em?

cleomaxtic

how about "falling slowly" by the swell season? it's pretty simple and has nice boy/girl harmonies.
"you don't know me" by ben folds with regina spektor is fun also, and the chords are pretty easy aswell.
"5 years time" by noah & the whale is easy, fun and is a cool little duet with laura marling.
also, a lot of songs by angus & julia stone utilise the boy girl harmonies.

good luck bud

whetu

Mouldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You

Easy as pie to play, might be a bit slow tempo though... It's just G and C (or a Cadd9, or a Cmaj7... depending on who you ask, none of those are difficult chords anyway) throughout basically.

Aldrine has done a couple of great collabs with xsmilesticklesx:

Islands in the stream
Crusin

The arrangements of those could be quite complex depending on your (and your partner's) level of skill...

UncleElvis

You guys beat me to it! I was gonna suggest You and I and Falling Slowly...

So.. um... hmmm...

There's "Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)" by Cole Porter. The Joan Jett version is a really fun duet to sing and could, I'm sure, be adjusted to ukulele quite easily