Brad Donaldson Ukuleles

BenJazz

Reaction score
Who own a Donaldson Uke? I'm waiting for my custom Donaldson ukulele to finish. He is a very nice gentleman and he's very careful about choosing wood for the ukulele. His instruments are gorgeous. Way to go Mr. Brad:D:D

Benjamin

Last edited:
I have two - one custom concert, one spec-built soprano.

I love them both.

-Kurt

It started about 1 month ago. I became interested in custom ukulele. I went searching for custom ukulele luthiers. From Mya Moe to LoPrinzi. Nothing suit me. I found Mr. Brad on the forum when I still a guest here, before being a member. I emailed Mr. Brad telling me what I want. He emailed back with the price and put me on the list. I asked him for Honduran Mahogany for the back and sides which is beautiful. I asked for Sitka Spruce top. He gave me a stunning one piece top and back. Ebony fretboard, saddle and bridge with bone nut. I asked for tortoise shell bindings but later changed to solid Indian Rosewood bindings with wht/blk/wht purflings due to the fact that they can't be ship to his place. I asked for Koa rosette. He said he make 3 different styles of ukulele. Jonah Kumalae style, Martin Style O, and Ditson style. I chose the Ditson and I think it is a good combination with what I had asked for. He gave me an option to stain the H. Mahogany with Martin/Nazareth style brown. I decided to do that. I asked for crescent moon shape fret markers at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 10th fret in abalone. I decided to go with his signature Wa'a sail shape headstock style because it is beautiful plus the woods used for the peg head are Ebony, Koa, and a thin line of maple. His signature logo on peg head in abalone. My name Ben in abalone at 12th fret. PegHed tuners. Of course! They are nice tuners and are easy to tune. They are also look nice.

Benjamin

Attachments

• IMG-0394.jpg
    IMG-0394.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-0396.jpg
    IMG-0396.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG-0395.jpg
    IMG-0395.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 97
That looks really great Benjamin. Can't wait to see the finished instrument.

That looks great! Hope it sounds as wonderful as it looks!

I have a soprano and love it.

As I read this thread I recalled that years ago I was on his list, but I think he stopped building for a time and I never ended up getting one. I may have to try again.

His instruments are beautiful. Why not try again? He is still building at this time. I’m surprised that his prices are affordable. Just maybe email him and he’ll quote you the prices for each sizes. One think great about him is that he doesn’t take deposit. So no money given until done.

Benjamin

Here’s the pictures. Enjoy!!!! :D
D14C9B97-E4DF-48B7-9390-B7FCC152E5B3.jpgD14C9B97-E4DF-48B7-9390-B7FCC152E5B3.jpg79B1D49C-4E65-44FD-B354-C64F41F3F6C0.jpg

Getting there! I have more picture of what’s going on now. Will post them soon. Those pictures above have been taken days ago.

Benjamin

Last edited:
Congrats!
That looks nice, how does it play?

Top Bottom