Case manufacturers: An open request to consider

Hive Hornet ukes come with an Ameritage case designed and built for that specific model.

I looked at the Ameritage website and it's not very user-friendly. My understanding is that they can custom build a case for your instrument.
When cases such as that get customized internal foam is cut to fit but the hard body remains the same.. what I want is the hard body to be cut to perfection to keep around an inch or 2 of foam all around making it a very lean case that works for all things nonflight luggage protection.

When cases such as that get customized internal foam is cut to fit but the hard body remains the same.. what I want is the hard body to be cut to perfection to keep around an inch or 2 of foam all around making it a very lean case that works for all things nonflight luggage protection.

Sounds like you’re going to have to go with a custom from a private builder working from your desired specs. That could get fairly expensive.

Scooter

As far as I know Kurt’s concert is my standard body shape taken from Scott Antes plans, which were most likely from a Martin ukulele.
Brad

Custom case builders here operate under the heading "Flight Cases". If I search on this label, I get 4 or 5 makers to contact for a quote. Perth is only a small city, so perhaps a bigger city will have even more case makers.

I have had a case made and I have also had a custom cut on a piece of polystyrene to get a perfect inside for a case for one of my custom ukuleles. Its not cheap. But you can get a simple case or a case with wheels and a strong lock and section for music books and stuff, there is a wide range. If you make a bulk order, you are likely to get a volume discount. They come in plastic or aluminium.

If you want fibreglass resin construction, start out talking to surfboard makers. That is likely to lead you to fibreglass resin construction businesses.
Thank you! I will chase this down.

In a somewhat different style, Calton cases are highly regarded and will build custom, but are very pricey

In a somewhat different style, Calton cases are highly regarded and will build custom, but are very pricey

Wow. It’s quite possible to pay more for the case than for the ukulele.

Wow. It’s quite possible to pay more for the case than for the ukulele.
Yes, I would think that a case like this would be for some really high end instruments

The black Guardian arch top soprano case, with the cushy green velour interior is the best I've had. Vntage Martin sopranos fit perfectly snug, and these are very small/compact cases, with no huge gap above the headstock, like many others have. Has 2 strap rings on the outside too.

Guardian CG-044-US Hardshell Case-Vintage Ukulele Soprano https://reverb.com/item/39376053-gu...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=39376053

Last edited:
The black Guardian arch top soprano case, with the cushy green velour interior is the best I've had. It fiit my vintage Martin soprano perfectly snug, and is a very small/compact case, with no huge gap above the headstock, like many others have. Has 2 strap rings on the outside too.

Guardian CG-044-US Hardshell Case-Vintage Ukulele Soprano https://reverb.com/item/39376053-gu...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=39376053

My vintage Style 1 lives in one of these. Great, classic looking case!

Scooter

Top Bottom