Caution to UU people buying/selling on a WTB ad

Brockketcher

I have 3 post inquiring about 3 totally different ukes id like to aquire. Interestingly, I received 3 different messages from the exact same email saying “Hello here, you can reach out to me, I have what you want. You can Pm me here if you’re interested.
J***********@gmail.com”. New user, no messages or contacts

either this guy owns some really rare ukes and he just so happen to send me the same message to all three of my requests, or it’s a scam. I know where I’d bet my $1. The point of this post, please be careful when buying or selling on here. I smell a rat.

Brockketcher

Not just here - please be careful buying anywhere on line.

John Colter
Well. That’s actually a good point. I sort of had my guard down because UU felt a bit safer, but to your point, we need to be careful everywhere tho. I’ve had 3 great experiences on UU with buying, so this “likely” scam email sort of reminded me that we all have to be wise.

Last edited:

Brockketcher

Sorry Bill. Just thought I’d help people on here by letting them know their was an active scammer crawling the board. Definitely not paranoid or afraid, just thought I’d put it out there so people could be reminded of maybe taking extra care. And yes he was a scammer. Bill, I’m sure your an amazing guy, but perhaps there’s a more friendly way to make your point. UU is a great community and it would be great if we all went out of our way to use extra kindness. Or perhaps if someone has a strong opinion, maybe it would be best addressed as a private message rather then public- just for the sake of being more welcoming. Either way, happy strumming and if you have a MB or Pegasus you’d like to sell me, please let me know. I know your legit. 🌞 Brock

Last edited:

WoyWoy

Sorry Bill. Just thought I’d help people on here by letting them know their was an active scammer crawling the board. Definitely not paranoid or afraid, just thought I’d put it out there so people could be reminded of maybe taking extra care. And yes he was a scammer. Bill, I’m sure your an amazing guy, but perhaps there’s a more friendly way to make your point. UU is a great community and it would be great if we all went out of our way to use extra kindness. Or perhaps if someone has a strong opinion, maybe it would be best addressed as a private message rather then public- just for the sake of being more welcoming. Either way, happy strumming and if you have a MB or Pegasus you’d like to sell me, please let me know. I know your legit. 🌞 Brock
I’ll just add that having recently interacted with Brock (I sold him my Moore Bettah at a fair market price we were both happy with) I found him to polite, honest, prompt to pay and highly enthusiastic about high-end ukes. Based on my experience, no-one at UU need have any concerns dealing with him.

Brockketcher

I’ll just add that having recently interacted with Brock (I sold him my Moore Bettah at a fair market price we were both happy with) I found him to polite, honest, prompt to pay and highly enthusiastic about high-end ukes. Based on my experience, no-one at UU need have any concerns dealing with him.
Woywoy. Your Moore Bettah has become one of my favorite ukes. I think it has to do with the spruce top. That thing sings! It’s getting played almost everyday and cared for like a brand new baby! Thanks again for allowing me to take care of it for a bit. It’s a happy little ukulele. Brock.

Neil_O

Don't send money to anyone who you do not trust, or give them details they do not need.
Hmm, I have felt every purchase using friends and family to be an exercise in trust.