Change of user name.

John Colter

It ain't what you've got, it's what you do with it
UU VIP
Reaction score
When I first joined UU I chose the nom-de-plume "Ukantor". I don't know why - it must have seemed like a good idea at the time. I've never liked it and tried to get it changed, ages ago, without success. I saw that there is provision to change one's user name under this excellent new format, so I have asked to be known by my real name. It has to be approved by a moderator and I know they are very busy at the moment - I don't expect it to happen quickly.

I'll be glad to see the end of the "Ukantor" soubriquet.

John Colter

You might also ask to have your VIP account fixed, if you don't have Edit, Delete in the lower left and Signature in your settings.

Last edited:
When I first joined UU I chose the nom-de-plume "Ukantor". I don't know why - it must have seemed like a good idea at the time. I've never liked it and tried to get it changed, ages ago, without success. I saw that there is provision to change one's user name under this excellent new format, so I have asked to be known by my real name. It has to be approved by a moderator and I know they are very busy at the moment - I don't expect it to happen quickly.

I'll be glad to see the end of the "Ukantor" soubriquet.

John Colter
Hi John. I feel you on this. When I started my account back in 2010 I had a different s/n (deznuchs). I was very new to the ukulele and was most definitely in a different place in my life. I put in for a change for s/n back at the beginning of the changeover. It took a few weeks but it finally happened! Just sit tight! Also if your passwords are saved on your computer you have to change it up because it kept pulling up my old s/n in autofill.

Interestingly, in Arik's post (#4), the quoted text from John Colter is attributed: "ukanter said" at the top in green. What happened there?

Looks like it's a "coming out" day. 😁 Liking the new forum more and more. Hats off to the moderators.

"I’m curious; where is this feature/request? Or do you need to be a VIP to see it?"

I was prowling around, looking at aspects of the new format, when I saw a facility to change my user name. So I tried it and it worked! I can't direct you to it, 'cos I don't remember how I found it. I've just had a look around and can't see it - but it was there, somewhere.

Try clicking on your user name or profile. I think that's where it was.

Sorry I can't be more help.

To change your user name..................
=>Click on your user name as listed near the top of each forum page. That gets you a drop-down menu.
=>On that menu, click on "Account Details".
=>On the Account Details page, the right-side column (white with black print) will have top entry" User Name" with your current user name right next to it.
=>Right next to your current user name there is a little rectangular box with "Change" written inside it. Click on that box and ---- AWAY you go!!!

Dead right, Bellgamin. That's what I did. I just couldn't find it again. :confused:

To change your user name..................
=>Click on your user name as listed near the top of each forum page. That gets you a drop-down menu.
=>On that menu, click on "Account Details".
=>On the Account Details page, the right-side column (white with black print) will have top entry" User Name" with your current user name right next to it.
=>Right next to your current user name there is a little rectangular box with "Change" written inside it. Click on that box and ---- AWAY you go!!!
Thank you very much. I just did it and it says waiting for admin approval. It also says I cannot change it again until Nov. 1.

Last edited:
I just submitted my name change and am waiting for admin approval. No more hiding for me! :p

This new set-up makes it easy to incorporate a photo, too.

That's what I like here - setting up a nice profile picture. In general this forum looks more modern than many others out there. I have to finally take a nice picture and post it here. I'm not much of a person that uses nicknames - I'm me :cool:

I'm delighted to see my Yellow Mahalo soprano receiving the appreciation it deserves. I bought it new in 2005, IIRC. It wears Aquila Nylgut strings, concert gauge. Bill, you are dead right - it really does sound as good as it looks. It bears the signatures of J Boy Shyne and "Hot Time" Harv, in felt tip pen.

It is one of my proudest possessions.

Top Bottom