Chord shapes (Major, Minor, D7)

Sporky

Reaction score
I couldn't find quite what I was looking for so I made this today.
Maybe helpful for others :) there's also a blank version attached.
Let me know if you have suggestions or see something wrong!

ukulelechordshapes.png

Attachments

• ukulelegrid.pdf
    156.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ukulelegrid.png
    ukulelegrid.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 28
  • blankukulele.png
    blankukulele.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 27
  • blankukulele.pdf
    200.1 KB · Views: 8
  • ukulelechordshapes.pdf
    270.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This is very comprehensive and useful Sporky. Looks like a lot of work went into it and it's very easy to read. Thanks for sharing it.

The middle top Major chord also has a root on the third string.

This is very comprehensive and useful Sporky. Looks like a lot of work went into it and it's very easy to read. Thanks for sharing it.

The middle top Major chord also has a root on the third string.
Hey, thank you and good catch!

I confess to being confused when I look at the chart. The first thing I looked at was the "D7" and wondered why it looked like it should have been on the second fret. Then below that is what I take as a "B7". But I don't see the connection between the two.

Some explanation would help me and perhaps others.

I confess to being confused when I look at the chart. The first thing I looked at was the "D7" and wondered why it looked like it should have been on the second fret. Then below that is what I take as a "B7". But I don't see the connection between the two.

Some explanation would help me and perhaps others.
I write D7 for dominant 7th but realized later it might lead to confusion. Also others have asked me for explanations so I'll write something up 🙂

Thank you Sporky. I'm glad I have them, both your filled in and the empty ones.

Thanks! Just FYI, if you’re looking for more of these, Brad Bordessa has a fantastic book called ‘Ukulele Chord Shapes that has all of these, plus many, many more (e.g. altered dominants, etc.).

Thanks! Just FYI, if you’re looking for more of these, Brad Bordessa has a fantastic book called ‘Ukulele Chord Shapes that has all of these, plus many, many more (e.g. altered dominants, etc.).
I agree. I really enjoy both of the Bordessa books. I haven't tried his more recent stuff on playing sixths yet. I think I really like how his voice in his books is a bit different from his voice on this forum. I find that interesting in terms of media studies, but the content is great

Top Bottom