CLAIMED Free Kalas, you pay shipping

necessaryrooster

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I've got two laminate Kalas taking up space that need to go to a home where they'll get played. Both were purchased earlier this year.

Kala Pacific Walnut Concert -- Factory settings. Stays in tune surprisingly well. It mostly just sits around and every now and again I'll pick it up and strum a few bars on it and I'm always surprised that it's stayed in tune.

Kala Satin Mahogany Pineapple Soprano -- I've messed with this one a tiny bit. I took a little bit off the saddle but didn't touch the nut, so the action is a tiny bit lower than factory at the 12th fret. It was also left in the car for a few days which I think messed up the Aquilas that were on it, so I swapped them out for some pink Uke Logics. There's no evidence on the uke itself that it was left in a car.

I'll also include a pack of Aquila New Nylguts (concert) if you want them.

I don't need any cash for these. You foot the bill for shipping and I'll package them up and send them to you. You can take one, or the other, or both. Disclaimer: they do not come with a case or bag, but I have tons of bubble wrap and can package them well.

EDIT: Both ukes have been claimed. If I had realized there would be so much interest and such quick responses, I would have made it into a game or something.

Last edited:
Hey everybody,

I've got two laminate Kalas taking up space that need to go to a home where they'll get played. Both were purchased earlier this year.

Kala Pacific Walnut Concert -- Factory settings. Stays in tune surprisingly well. It mostly just sits around and every now and again I'll pick it up and strum a few bars on it and I'm always surprised that it's stayed in tune.

Kala Satin Mahogany Pineapple Soprano -- I've messed with this one a tiny bit. I took a little bit off the saddle but didn't touch the nut, so the action is a tiny bit lower than factory at the 12th fret. It was also left in the car for a few days which I think messed up the Aquilas that were on it, so I swapped them out for some pink Uke Logics. There's no evidence on the uke itself that it was left in a car.

I don't need any cash for these. You foot the bill for shipping and I'll package them up and send them to you. You can take one, or the other, or both. Disclaimer: they do not come with a case or bag, but I have tons of bubble wrap and can package them well.
Hey everybody,

Pm sent.

That's really nice of you. I wouldn't mind a backpack pineapple but I'll sit this one out in favour of someone else who might treasure it more

The Kala Pineapple - I would love to "adopt" it. I have no idea how to do a PM... I love the PKT-25g I bought from you!

Last edited:
That is VERY generous! I hope they go to a good home

It is great. I’ve gifted many instruments to friends as well as family. If you can give whether it be time or things its a good thing.

I must say...what a wonderful thing to do! My faith in mankind has been restored, (well almost).
Uke players are the nicest people.

I have a Donner concert...maybe I should give it away too and continue the good deeds!

Hey everybody,

Re: Pineapple, Is it gone?

Last edited:
Hi everybody, sorry I've been away from my computer all day but I will respond to PMs in the order I received them.

Wish I would have seen this sooner! I have a young friend I work with whose uke was stolen while he was living in a house with others. He was just getting intereseted in playing, after talking to me, when this happened.

Top Bottom