College Football

Down Up Dick

Ha! Great game today. My wife was whining about Stanford’s lead, but I told her that ol’ ND would come through and take the day. And thay, of course, did.

Again, Great Game, ND,

Last edited:
A great day for a Buckeye in Badger country.... And having Ohio State demoralize Michigan's coach.... for the FIFTH consecutive time (!) makes a Number ONE ranking all the sweeter!

As an added thought, with "american" football being slower than baseball ( with commercials between nearly every play ), it made it easy to watch Premier League Football (soccer to the rest of the world). Watch a play, flip to PL for 90 seconds, check, flip back... !!

Last edited:

Down Up Dick

Well, I guess College Football’s over for 2019. At least until January. I enjoyed this season. Notre Dame did well, but USC not so much.

I guess I’m back to waitin’ for Lady's Beach Volleyball, ahhh, well . . . :eek:ld:

Down Up Dick

Good football game today. Navy beat Army. The Navy quarterback is outstanding! Army had great uniforms!

I really enjoyed the whole game while noodling my new tenor guitar. :eek:ld:

Down Up Dick

Well, USC lost the Holiday Bowl to Iowa, but it was a good game for a while. I quit watching a little into the third quarter. I hope the USC quarterback is okay — ahhh, well . . .

But Notre Dame and Iowa State today . . . :eek:ld:

bigphil

Well, USC lost the Holiday Bowl to Iowa, but it was a good game for a while. I quit watching a little into the third quarter. I hope the USC quarterback is okay — ahhh, well . . .

But Notre Dame and Iowa State today . . . :eek:ld:

YES! IOWA stomped 'em! Weeeeee! Go Hawkeyes!

Down Up Dick

We watched the World Camping Bowl too. I always pull for Notre Dame they’re my favorite team. We really enjoyed the game and hope the Iowa State quarterback is okay. He’s a great passer - very accurate. There were some great passes and catches. :eek:ld:

plunker

FAU had a great season and then Kiffen bailed. No one really thought he would stay, but still

Down Up Dick

FAU had a great season and then Kiffen bailed. No one really thought he would stay, but still

Sorry, I dunno who you’re talkin’ about. Knowin’/rememberin’ names is not one of my forte’s. :eek:ld:

Last edited:

Down Up Dick

Good Rose Bowl — exciting. — we enjoyed it. In fact, the whole day was a nice one. Happy New Year! :eek:ld:

Down Up Dick

Well, it’s gittin’ closer. I dunno when the first games are, but we’re awatchin’ Notre Dame, USC and mebbe Ariz. We like the Ducks too. My wife’s about given up on Nebraska.

mjh42

UU VIP
UU VIP
Been a college football fan since my early teens. A lot has changed over the years. Went to a National Championship Team College my 1st and last years, was exciting. Actually went to the Sugar Bowl one year. Nose bleed seats but we had fun. A lot has changed. I have my favorites. There has been some shifts in that over the years depending upon who was coaching the team. While I have lived in Big 10 Country for 3 plus decades now I think the SEC is the strongest conference. Looking forward to the coming season. It hard on a Saturday though, quality time outside in the autumn--my favorite time of the year----or inside watching a game. It's a toss up :cool:

Down Up Dick

Well, while Autumn is our favorite season too, it isn’t the same here as back East.

Last edited:

Down Up Dick

Well, not much today. It’ll be better next Saturday. Nebraska looked bad . . . again.

Down Up Dick

Ohio State got hot in the second half and beat Minnesota. Good game (if you like Ohio State). There sure were some big guys playing.

Lotsa slushy rain. I wonder if the bands performed. I usta hate to March in the rain.

Down Up Dick

Well, UCLA won, but between my wife’s Dodger game and me sleeping in my chair, I didn’t see much of it. No sweat — Notre Dame today.

We missed the USC game (bad info), but they beat San Jose State severely.

Last edited: