Collings - new social group

just got this from Tenor Koa Collings in today They called it lol there entry level ukulele lol

006-2.jpg

I got a UT 1 on new years eve, 2009, serial #114. Traditional headstock. It's a really great instrument, wonderful tone, keeper for sure.

Aloha Nrvuker,
Happy birthday and thanks for sharing your new baby with us, Lucky guy...Drooling.
I've seen them on other ukulele mainland stores websites and think their awesome.
Keep on Vibrating them strings...Uke On!! MM Stan.....

Aloha Ed 531,
Thanks for sharing the pic's with us, is that a rosewood headstock or just a veneer
on the headstock? Just wondering....The second pic has an unusua design, I've
never seen one like that before, must be their own design.....Many thanks too..
"Keep on vibrating them strings" Uke on !!! MM Stan...

Aloha Toobcat,
My computer went down and I lost all my info. including my drop page of
previous sites, I was wondering if I ever would find this store link again..
Many thanks, they have a line some premium ukes there....
Keep on Vibrating them ukes....Uke On!!! MM Stan..

Do any Collings UC1 or UC2 owners also have a LoPrinzi tenor? I'd be curioius to know how they compare.
I currently own a custom LoPrinzi koa tenor, but I'm considering selling in favor of a Mahogany Collings UC2. Would this be a step up or down in terms of tone and playability?
Thanks!
Mika

Do any Collings UC1 or UC2 owners also have a LoPrinzi tenor? I'd be curioius to know how they compare.
I currently own a custom LoPrinzi koa tenor, but I'm considering selling in favor of a Mahogany Collings UC2. Would this be a step up or down in terms of tone and playability?
Thanks!
Mika

So, I decided to take the plunge and ordered a mahogany UC2. It came two days ago! So far, I'm quite impressed. The build quality, finish, action, intonation and intonation are superb! The instrument is very responsive and quite loud for its size. My only criticism is that the tone is somewhat one-dimensional... dare I say uke-ish? The tenors I own (LoPrinzi, Moore Bettah) have richer, more complex overtones. This may be partly a function of instrument size. I also think that the stock Aquila strings may also have something to do with this. Has anyone experimented with other brands of strings on their Collings uke? Any favorites?
Thanks!
Mika

i have the original mahogany and original koa concerts made by Bill Collings himself in my collection no labels beautiful sounding ukes

Wow I bet those amazing ukes!...and amazingly expensive

Top Bottom