Compass Rose Koa Tenor - Rick Turner

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I picked up this ukulele from Gryphon Strings early on in my ukulele journey. This ukulele has been my go-to standard when comparing ukuleles for action, playability, and sound. This ukulele sounds good up the neck and has a very modern sound. I based the neck of a few custom ukuleles on this ukulele. The cantilever fretboard and the setup allows for a really low action with high tension strings that feel effortless on it. I have uke logic high tension strings with Thomastic Infeld C and G.
Pics and sound sample: https://kerneltime.smugmug.com/Ukulele/Compass-rose-Koa/n-ZTNrCz/

i-p9ZbL4r-X4.jpg

i-NX8twWp-X4.jpg

The ukulele comes with a solid gig bag that it was sold in (can send pics if asked).

Last edited:
These are hard to come by. Rick Turner seems to be focusing on guitars these days. This one's a beauty!

Gorgeous. Also, love the string choice. I have the same exact ones on my Koa tenor and am completely satisfied with them.

These are hard to come by. Rick Turner seems to be focusing on guitars these days. This one's a beauty!
Yup. I believe this is part if his last batch. As I never saw a new compass rose for sale post buying this one. Maybe someone has a higher serial number..?

Interested. Sent you a conversation message. (I hope that's the PM equivalent.)

Top Bottom