cool tattoo got me wondering if any of you have a ukulele for your tattoos

mikelz777

I was just trying to imagine what would be the worst, most dated, lyrics to tattoo on yourself. "Hit me baby, one more time" was a contender. Also "She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

[name of city] "We built this city on rock and roll"

Ron

A thread abouy tats with hardly any pics of tats.
tatt.jpg

tattwo

Here are a few of mine. A uke is next

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 93

DaveVisi

I stayed with a more generic music theme. My avatar at the moment is the central part, surrounded by a ribbon that represents 4 Uke strings, folding into 5 staff lines, and folding again into 6 guitar strings. I don't have a good full photo of it at the moment though.

RevWill

Not a uke.

attachment.php

Gye Nyame

Chap

Not a uke, but recently got my first tattoo, in honor of my 18-year old kitty, who recently passed:

Tattoo.jpg

TCK

Love that- just lost Charlie My Boy after 18 yrs of his crap (loved that cat) and I have another who is not doing so hot...they leave their footprints all over us, why not commemorate. Great tattoo there.
Not a uke, but recently got my first tattoo, in honor of my 18-year old kitty, who recently passed:

View attachment 38266

Props to the both of you, for doing it and for thinking about it. I'm 50 now, and to this day I've not got over the death of a single one of my pets. It takes absolutely nothing to "get something in my eye".

Kekani

I went the opposite, and put my tat on my instrument. Chest plate on the 24th fret.
DSCN0201.jpg

"Pearl of Wisdom" from my shoulder on the 12th. Markers are sections from the flames.
DSCN0206.jpg

Recently, one of my friends had his name inked on his arm in Kanji, but I inlayed his Kanji on his 'ukulele first.

Aaron

Last edited:

Chap

Love that- just lost Charlie My Boy after 18 yrs of his crap (loved that cat) and I have another who is not doing so hot...they leave their footprints all over us, why not commemorate. Great tattoo there.

Thanks! I was crushed when he passed. The vet had given me an ink print of his paws, and I decided they had to be a tattoo. :)

Teek

View attachment 38205

D7 is backwards...?

I have two big tattoos (not "tatts" or "tats"). If I could take them off and trade them for ukes? Nah. Cost me about $2300. I had more funds accessible in those days. I did them for me, and when I'm completely withered and wrinkled, if I make it that far, I am sure I still won't give a crap what anyone else thinks about tattoos in general or mine in particular. I also expect anyone involved in my care i(f I don't just get put out with the trash) will have at minimum full sleeves and a back or thigh piece the way the younger crowd is progressing. At any rate it is just skin and ink, and nothing is permanent.

Last edited:

OldePhart

View attachment 38205

D7 is backwards...?

Ohhh...nice catch! I guess the chord labeled D7 would actually be a BmMaj7 - probably not something that appears on many lead sheets...

And...maybe another reason not to have tattoos - or, at least, a reason to triple check before the artist fires up the needle? :)

John