Cool Vintage Kamaka on Reverb

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm not the seller but in my ukulele searching I love seeing the variations on name brand ukes. This tenor Kamaka Liliu has several components you rarely see on one uke. For sure it's not a carved into the top pick guard, the grains are completely different, but still a cool feature to look at (I bet it takes away from the sound). It's listed at a "collectors" price and maybe rightfully so. Shame there isn't more of the story behind it. Anyway, enjoy... Rick

Wil be interested to see what can be crowd-sourced about this one. Thanks for sharing!

I'm not the seller but in my ukulele searching I love seeing the variations on name brand ukes. This tenor Kamaka Liliu has several components you rarely see on one uke. For sure it's not a carved into the top pick guard, the grains are completely different, but still a cool feature to look at (I bet it takes away from the sound). It's listed at a "collectors" price and maybe rightfully so. Shame there isn't more of the story behind it. Anyway, enjoy... Rick

That’s pretty cool. I don’t understand the pick guard thing. Is it possible that they Shaved down that area of the soundboard and attached a pick guard which later fell off?

Top Bottom