Cornerstone Ukuleles

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen anyone mention Cornerstone Ukuleles here. They've caught my ear on the Ukulele Site. I don't play tenor, so I'm safe from figuring out how to afford one. :) And, from their website, it doesn't look like they make concert ukuleles.

But I'm curious if anyone has ever tried one? High priced, for sure, but I'm still surprised that no one has mentioned them.

By the look of the prices, I think I'd look first at a Petros Ukulele....

By the look of the prices, I think I'd look first at a Petros Ukulele....

have you played a Cornerstone or just guessing? :)
i like the tone of a Petros better and yes i have played both Petros and Cornerstone...but the Cornerstones are right up there in fit and finish and sound

i try not to sink the builders ship with post on UU..these are expensive ukes but i believe they are worth it:D

i say that in the last 4 months at least 6 or 7 Cornerstone ukes have been bought by ukulele fans

Last edited:
Some of the Cornerstone ukes that have come thru HMS in the last few months have looked and sounded great. If the HMS podcasts are to be believed, the level of fit and finish are superb (which they better be at that price).

The maker also launched a less expensive import line, Aolani, which is sold through Uke Like The Pros and is also only tenor sized at this point. I posted a thread when those launched to see if anyone had played one or knew more, but no one had direct experience either.

have you played a Cornerstone or just guessing? :)
i like the tone of a Petros better and yes i have played both Petros and Cornerstone...but the Cornerstones are right up there in fit and finish and sound

i try not to sink the builders ship with post on UU..these are expensive ukes but i believe they are worth it:D

i say that in the last 4 months at least 6 or 7 Cornerstone ukes have been bought by ukulele fans

I have not. Thanks for the information!
They are both way outta my price range. Buying that, for me, would be like me losing my driver license then buying a Rolls Royce or Ferrari.....
Peter, the boss at Cornerstone, was kind enough to email me and answer my questions, real pronto. He seems like a stand up guy!
I'm sure I would fall in love with either a Cornerstone or a Petros ukulele....if I had the dough and the skills.

Last edited:
Some of the Cornerstone ukes that have come thru HMS in the last few months have looked and sounded great. If the HMS podcasts are to be believed, the level of fit and finish are superb (which they better be at that price).

The maker also launched a less expensive import line, Aolani, which is sold through Uke Like The Pros and is also only tenor sized at this point. I posted a thread when those launched to see if anyone had played one or knew more, but no one had direct experience either.

Well, shut my mouth, I didn't know any of this.

I first noticed one on Ukulele Friend. Then on Reverb and HMS. They sound great and look really well made. But seem to have been mostly under the radar until recently.

I think I missed that thread about Aolani. They look a lot more affordable, and still quite nice.
I can enjoy looking and listening, since they're all tenors, so they can't trigger my UAS. :)

The Aolani website is very empty looking. Yes, only tenor models. That keeps me out of trouble too.

Top Bottom