Covid Booster

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I went for my Moderna Covid Booster shot yesterday. Today I'm in pretty rough shape. My arm, where they injected me, hurts like heck, and I can't lift it over my head. I have a dry cough that woke me up so early. And my body, especially my legs, ache like like anything. The muscles around my neck and shoulders hurt. And my feet are cramping. I took four Ibuprofens so I'm hoping to feel some better in a while. This is no fun. :confused:

Sorry you are feeling rough. We have two nurses in our band, and they tell me that reaction is the vaccine actually working!

I wasn't aware that the boosters were available yet...

Here in Texas, boosters are available for immunocompromised folks. When we went to the pharmacy to ask about getting the boosters, the pharmacist asked if we were immunocompromised, we hemmed and hawed some, then he said, "Just circle "Yes" on this form and it will be OK." And that's all there was to it. One question on a stupid form and we qualified. I'm 75 and have chronic upper respiratory problems relating to allergies. My wife is 70, and has had bouts of asthma. So, we figure we probably qualify. Least wise that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Hope you feel better soon. Did your wife have any reactions to her third dose?

The second dose was supposedly more likely to produce side effects than the first dose because the developed antibodies were going into action. I assume this holds true for a third dose, especially if you had a good response to the first two.

Thanks for sharing with your early report.

Drink a lot of water, seems like dehydration issues too.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

My second Moderna shot hit me hard. High temperature, nausea, headache from hell and hurt from head to toe. Went the night without being able to stop shivering despite high temperature and several blankets. Two days later felt well enough to function again although the headache lasted for 4 days.
Makes me concerned for the 3rd shot which will be due next month BUT I'll will definitely get it. Better then the alternative.
Good tip from Michael K., lots of fluids.

My wife and I got through the first injections without suffering any symptoms. I got sick, just like Joe T describes above, on my second shot. My wife was OK. Now, we both got knocked down by the booster. It's late in the day after, and I still feel the effects, although it got a lot better around 2:00 PM. My wife isn't so lucky, and has been in bed all day. This is nasty stuff. I hope that means it's actually working.

It's working Vegas George. That's the immune system kicking into gear. The stronger the response, the better protected you and your wife will be. Congratulations on getting that booster. I look forward to it.

For sure. I'll jump in line as soon as I am able. Tired of playing it safe....Got my first two shots as a soon as I could.

Dang. Just read that you were mostly OK on the second shot and knocked out by the booster. I was fine for the first two, although I think I got some fatigue from the second. Have to get the third shot whether I want it or not because of my job...here's hoping I don't get beat up by it.

I had no noticeable reaction to the first two shots (Pfizer). Tomorrow I am booked in for the booster.

At least,I'll be prepared if it has any unpleasant effects. Fingers crossed!

John Colter

I went for my Moderna Covid Booster shot yesterday. Today I'm in pretty rough shape. My arm, where they injected me, hurts like heck, and I can't lift it over my head. I have a dry cough that woke me up so early. And my body, especially my legs, ache like like anything. The muscles around my neck and shoulders hurt. And my feet are cramping. I took four Ibuprofens so I'm hoping to feel some better in a while. This is no fun. :confused:

They say, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

Well, I had the booster shot yesterday and have had no noticeable reaction. Pfizer - the same as my original jabs. Covid can do its worst - I'm completely Pfizered up!

JohnColter

Well, I had the booster shot yesterday and have had no noticeable reaction. Pfizer - the same as my original jabs. Covid can do its worst - I'm completely Pfizered up!

JohnColter
Same here. Piece of cake for us.

Bluesy.

And the beat goes on! I've noticed what appears to be a fatalistic attitude taking hold around here. The Covid numbers are not particularly encouraging, although we now have approximately 70% of the people vaccinated. Yet I'm seeing more and more people in the grocery and convenience stores and around town without masks. I still see efforts being made to achieve social distancing. But people are going maskless. I think I'm seeing vaccinated people, who are thinking only of themselves, and aren't willing to suffer the inconvenience of wearing a mask for the protection of others. You know, you can carry and spread the virus even if you are immune yourself. I still wear a mask. But I'll probably give it up when I notice that I'm the only person wearing one. :rolleyes:

Got my Pfizer booster today. I got the Moderna the first two. I signed up online for the booster yesterday and went to the pharmacy this morning for my appointment. They informed me there that they didn't have the Moderna booster. What the heck, I told them to shoot me up with the Pfizer. So it is done and over with. So far so good. I did have a bit of a reaction to the second Moderna shot, but nothing a nice long nap followed by a couple stiff drinks while curled up under a quilt and watching Netflix couldnt didn't take care of.

...... I did have a bit of a reaction to the second Moderna shot, but nothing a nice long nap followed by a couple stiff drinks while curled up under a quilt and watching Netflix couldnt didn't take care of.

I think that is the cure for most things! LOL

My wife and I got through the first injections without suffering any symptoms. I got sick, just like Joe T describes above, on my second shot. My wife was OK. Now, we both got knocked down by the booster. It's late in the day after, and I still feel the effects, although it got a lot better around 2:00 PM. My wife isn't so lucky, and has been in bed all day. This is nasty stuff. I hope that means it's actually working.
Not encouraging for me George. My wife and I are scheduled for the booster shot of Moderna on November 5th. Could have got it sooner but purposely waited for an available Friday in case we need the weekend to recover. Not looking forward to it but going in with a positive attitude and not looking for trouble.

Top Bottom