Crazy, but does anyone else see an image in their grain pattern?

Reaction score
So, I'm looking at the 70-year-old mahogany on the Martin tenor I'm restoring and thinking it looks good enough to spoon up and eat. I put the lower bout into the direct sunlight coming in the window and noticed it made the grain really pop. I took a few pics, and as I was checking them out I happened to see what looked like an image looking back.

No, it wasn't the Virgin Mary.

My son-in-law says it looks like the dragon from Game of Thrones. I think it looks like a moose.

Or maybe, my cheese has finally slid off my cracker.

Greg

Attachments

• IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 181
I haven't noticed this pattern in particular, but I do see chord diagrams where they shouldn't be. For example there are some splotches on the bricks near my mailbox and they are in the shape of a half-diminished movable chord.

At first when I looked at it I saw a dragon, I enlarged the image then I saw the moose. Neat!

Reminds me of The Blacklist's Raymond Reddington quip about always seeing the same thing on Rorschach tests...

Yup, it's a moose.

I think....

Ha! Yeah, I see a dragon and a moose. It's kinda like picking out pictures in clouds. When I was young I used to see REALLY detailed images of things in the texture of the wall next to my bed. As I've aged it's become harder to do though.

Clearly, it's a dragon..

and the people Jerry sees are not walking around, they're writhing in the flames of the dragon's wrath.

Last edited:
It looks like a moose to me. I've never seen Game of Thrones, so I don't know if the dragon looks like a moose.

I'm down with the dragon crowd.

At least we don't have to decide if it's a blue or a gold dragon or moose...

So, I'm looking at the 70-year-old mahogany on the Martin tenor I'm restoring and thinking it looks good enough to spoon up and eat. I put the lower bout into the direct sunlight coming in the window and noticed it made the grain really pop. I took a few pics, and as I was checking them out I happened to see what looked like an image looking back.

No, it wasn't the Virgin Mary.

My son-in-law says it looks like the dragon from Game of Thrones. I think it looks like a moose.

Or maybe, my cheese has finally slid off my cracker.

Greg

Totally see the Dragon! That’s awesome!

Another member of the dragon clan here. Spooky. There was a uke for sale a few months back that folks named “the angry owl.” Totally looked like a pissed off owl. I kind of see the same angry owl in the Cocobollo uke that was recently sold.

What kind of “koa” are we all smoking?

There is a hook-nosed old goblin that lives in the tiles on my bathroom floor. He stares at me with a wicked smile every time I take up the throne.

It reminds me of an alligator. But then, I live in Florida.

There is nothing unenlightened about saying an animal spirit lives in something else.
Believe it or not, the spirit of the tree lives on and comes to life when the ukulele is played....IMH "unenlightened" opinion.

It is my understanding that the Moose, Elk, Dragon comes alive when the instrument is thrown into a burning pyre of Yew wood with a sprig of persimmon.

Top Bottom