Creating Ukulele Tabs and Notation in MuseScore

flpages

Reaction score
Hi, I have created a Video tutorial on making Ukulele tabs, notation and with chord chart in MuseScore, MuseScore is a free music software, you can download it and try.

or tutorial in my blog:

Thanks for this! A while back, I decided I'd like to learn to use MuseScore, but couldn't figure it out, had other things that were more important, and never tried again. Now I can give it a try again. :)

Yes, a big thank you for this! I struggled my way though figuring out most of this back when I tried Musescore for the first time, and I wish I had a walkthrough like this at the time. There are some things here that I never quite got right back then. Very helpful!

....... and the synthesized voice is a bit of a challenge for me to listen to--but I understand why some people would want to use it.

Yes, I found that voice really irritating

Musescore is more useful than just creating score. You can use it to flush out some ideas and even ask questions (e.g. https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?146249 ).

It is very easy to learn. Should take you just a couple of hours if you have any music background (or maybe a week if you don't have any music background, where you need to learn about staff notation, key signatures,
etc.); and it is well worth it.

WRT the sound, I think Musescore can send MIDI out to your device, so you can get better sound. (I use another software for this so don't know too much about Musescore MIDI out. But, I do know that you can input notes via MIDI in with Musescore.)

Very nice! I learned the hard way way back when, but this is an excellent refresher for when I haven't used MuseScore in awhile. Thank you for sharing. :D

WRT the sound, I think Musescore can send MIDI out to your device, so you can get better sound. (I use another software for this so don't know too much about Musescore MIDI out. But, I do know that you can input notes via MIDI in with Musescore.)

You can export Musescore to MIDI. It uses MIDI to play back the score within the App. You can also export to MP3 and flac audio as well as various graphic formats.

You can export Musescore to MIDI. It uses MIDI to play back the score within the App. You can also export to MP3 and flac audio as well as various graphic formats.

Yes, connect MuseScore to MIDI music instrument is a way of getting better sound and can input notes from music keyboard.
It's support sound font too, I have tried few sound fonts but the sound is not good, especially string instruments, does anybody knows where to get good sound front?

Top Bottom