Do You Have A Playlist Of Your Original Songs?

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
For those who write songs, do you have a YouTube playlist of your originals? I'd love to be able to go through them and enjoy some of your terrific stuff.

I thought of this just now as I was listening through Pa's amazing playlist. I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a central location linking all of the Seasonista songwriters' music? Well, I want this to be that location.

If you'd like me to include your originals playlist, leave a link in a reply here, and I'll expand the list below. Thanks!

Pabrizzer

Harry122-Randy McSorley

Del Griffiths

One Man And His Uke

UkingViking

BirdsEyeViewOfMyUkuklele

AlanDP1 AlanDP2

the glass canoe

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters

engravertom

ukulele extra cheese

Flatbaroque

Dennis Danner

RAB11 - Ryan

Uke4ia

Markwo

Xommen

Berni Armstrong

Jazzbanjorex

erivel

Wee_Ginga_Yin

manfrog

lelouden

UkeCan1

Tootler

NotAnotherLinda

SongAndDanceDaisy

xommen

mep1

FiL

Demimondaine

SparkyUkulele

decaturcomp

- - - - - - - -

Last edited:

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Great idea. That has finally given me the impetus to sort my vast output into categories and post them as playlists.

To be quite honest, I have to thank Pa for inspiring me to write, and actually finish some songs. My “His Name Is Charles” was as a direct result of a song Brian wrote. I’ve had fragments of stuff I’ve sort of written over the years but it’s only since joining Seasons that I’ve knuckled down and written complete songs :D

pabrizzer

To be quite honest, I have to thank Pa for inspiring me to write, and actually finish some songs. My “His Name Is Charles” was as a direct result of a song Brian wrote. I’ve had fragments of stuff I’ve sort of written over the years but it’s only since joining Seasons that I’ve knuckled down and written complete songs :D

Gee. So pleased to have provoked you into songwriting John.
You have a real talent as a musician, singer and songwriter!

On playlists -
I started one as has been referenced (thank you Randy) but it is by no means complete - I keep forgetting to add stuff to it.

Seeing more and more people bring original material to the seasons has been something I so enjoy!

Last edited:

bird's eye view of my ukelele

great idea!

turtledrum first encouraged me to get a playlist together of my homemade songs (and another playlist for my marc bolan/t rex covers!) - in fact she got both playlists set up and started for me, which was so kind, all i've had to do is keep adding new vids as i go! thank you again for that, TD!

here is my homemade songs list...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeOoTkKV5j7KyotmFTNpIbzClaJM6tJ6r

Tootler

I don't create playlists of my songs but maybe I should. One of my originals, yes but also one for traditional songs and one for instrumentals.

I'll have to give it some thought.

turtledrum

great idea!

turtledrum first encouraged me to get a playlist together of my homemade songs (and another playlist for my marc bolan/t rex covers!) - in fact she got both playlists set up and started for me, which was so kind, all i've had to do is keep adding new vids as i go! thank you again for that, TD!

here is my homemade songs list...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeOoTkKV5j7KyotmFTNpIbzClaJM6tJ6r

You're welcome! And - wow, how those two playlists have grown! :)

lelouden

I have never considered putting an original playlist together. In fact i would never encourage anyone to listen to the crap I’ve written. There are so many talented people here that are worth a listen. I’ve been so disappointed this week that i haven’t had a moment to cover any of your songs this week Randy and quite shocked no one has. You have a terrific catalog of charming songs. I’ve had three pulled with no time to record. Late last night i even wrote one of my midnight madness songs for Jon’s week. It’s as terrible as all the rest so your not missing out believe me!

Anyway, i think this is a great idea for all of you extremely talented folk to have this spot to share your playlists. I support this wholeheartedly.

L

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
Cool Idea Randy!

Never considered making a playlist, but I will learn how to do it and bring link later ~

RAB11

There's some absolute dross on here but also some ones I'm quite proud of. Rearranged into chronological order (in terms of when they were recorded, not written) as I had to go searching for some of them.

I've added Dolce et Decorum. Obviously I make no claim to the words but I did "compose" the music that accompanied it.

link

uke4ia

I haven't been working much on songwriting lately, but over seven years of The Seasons I've played a lot of original songs.

The Uke4ia Playlist