Donner Rising U Crystal Soprano - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Didn't sound entirely horrible to me, but that's youtube...nice playing despite that ridiculous nut width.

I wish Enya would make a more traditional looking nova (no cutaway, round soundhole, silver bits), I think they would kill it with something like that. It would also be something for the small, but neglected lefty market.

Last edited:
After a short break, Got A Ukulele returns with this new plastic offering from Donner..
Great to have you "back" and moreso that you've medically recovered. Related to the review, FWIW, a youthful woman of very slight build had one of these at a recent UG. She's working on returning it, "... even with my tiny fingers I feel cramped." Further telling that the 'specs' on the sales site didn't hint at the super-narrow nut and string spacing. Thanks for the review.

Thanks for review. It is good to see the emergence of more and more original designs coming out of China as a contrast to the usual generic mass productions. Though there are several issues for improvement identified I think this maybe quite suitable as starter uke for small kids in pre school or first couple of grades who may find the thin neck advantageous and can benefit from plastic durability.

Thanks for review. It is good to see the emergence of more and more original designs coming out of China as a contrast to the usual generic mass productions. Though there are several issues for improvement identified I think this maybe quite suitable as starter uke for small kids in pre school or first couple of grades who may find the thin neck advantageous and can benefit from plastic durability.
Perhaps - but that 9th marker is really going to mess them around down the line!

Top Bottom