don't understand

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
I am a bit confused when looking at chords on songs and they go :
c/g what does that slash mean? Do I quickly jump from one chord to another??? ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks,

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
The slash chord is a change in the bass note of the chord (a C chord with a G bass in this case). It sometimes is possible on the uke, sometimes not. You can always just try the regular chord (a C) and it will work OK

LM in Kentucky

I like those combos and trying to find a combination to hammer/pull, on/off for flowing rhythm stuff or changing chords quickly on a certain syllable of a word in the song. I would play that c/g by strumming the uke open then hammer/pull on 4-2-3-2.

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
thanks for the help but still not exactly sure. Will have to try it a few times and see if I can hear it.

harpdog cc

The first letter is the chord. The next letter is a bass note you try to play with the chord. Easier done on a guitar. Don't be misled by the wording in the post above, it doesn't change in the midst of playing. To find the way on uke, try just the basic chord, and you can try adding the note after the slash as an extra voice as you play the chord. For instance, instead of playing your C chord as 0003, try playing 0033, which adds a g note.