Dr, Is there any hope?

ukecaitlin

Reaction score
I got my ukes out so a budding luthier could see what's involved in making good ukes, and I think I have to admit it. "My name is Caitlin, and I have UAS"IMG_1046.JPG

Only 8? I know, compared to some members of this forum, I must have some hope. I was just somewhat shocked to see them in a panoramic view.

It was really interesting watching someone pick through them to understand why they are as good as they are. It led me to understand their purposeful construction better. My friend Sue's Scott Wise is even better than my one, both being the dux of this noted class. He has excelled himself.

Top to bottom; My first uke - A Greg Bennett Samick concert, A Kanile'a KSE Premium Tenor, A KoAloha concert neck soprano. My new Scott Wise Super Tenor, which I've just sadly inherited from my best friend, A Cole Clark Ukulady Concert (which has THE best pick-up system I've ever heard) L- My Scott WIse Super Tenor, R- Kamaka Concert Delux, and F- my DaSilva Concert. Not there is an Epiphone Les Paul, that I lent to a student who's phantomed, and a MyaMoe Taropatch coming from member- Mountain Goat. If I want anymore, I'll need to move into a smaller house!!

My diagnosis: you are suffering from a severe lack of sopranos. Luckily there is a simple cure!

Looks good to me!

Lovely collection. I wish more people would post a group photo.

Who is this Scott Wise of whom you speak?

Sorry for your loss.

I also own 8 ukuleles haha

Scott Wise is a luthier from Margaret River in Sth West Western Australia. He uses Tasmanian Blackwood. I fell in love with one of his instruments 7 years ago and impulse bought it, friends commission three more. They are truly beautiful sounding acoustic instruments.

My Kanile'a Tenor has a beautiful bell-like sound, however, everyone, but everyone, prefers the rich timbre of the Wise.
shall try and do a recording of the them, and upload them here.

Lovely collection. I'm less on ukes, but I'm doing similarly well with guitars and mountain dulcimers. Hey, it's all fun!

Only 8? I know, compared to some members of this forum, I must have some hope. I was just somewhat shocked to see them in a panoramic view.

It was really interesting watching someone pick through them to understand why they are as good as they are. It led me to understand their purposeful construction better. My friend Sue's Scott Wise is even better than my one, both being the dux of this noted class. He has excelled himself.

Top to bottom; My first uke - A Greg Bennett Samick concert, A Kanile'a KSE Premium Tenor, A KoAloha concert neck soprano. My new Scott Wise Super Tenor, which I've just sadly inherited from my best friend, A Cole Clark Ukulady Concert (which has THE best pick-up system I've ever heard) L- My Scott WIse Super Tenor, R- Kamaka Concert Delux, and F- my DaSilva Concert. Not there is an Epiphone Les Paul, that I lent to a student who's phantomed, and a MyaMoe Taropatch coming from member- Mountain Goat. If I want anymore, I'll need to move into a smaller house!!
Meaning: If you keep buying these high end ukes, you will only afford a smaller house?

You may be standing on a slippery slope...

Dear Caitlin,

Aaaaaah, yes. I have great sympathy for your plight.

Sadly however, and despite decades of intensive research, no known
cure exists to us at this time.

That said, as well as being a medical Dr. I am also an altruistic human
and would like to offer some way of mitigating your anxiety and
compulsiveness, albeit not a solution:

Simply box up the ukes, gently close your eyes, breath deeply and picture them
being played and loved by someone else (say, me for example). Keep just one
(I would suggest your first uke, the Greg Bennett) and post the rest to me.

Thanks are not necessary, it is my own plight and the cross I must also bear.

Please don't hesitate to contact my rooms if I can be of further
assistance.

Your (friendly) doctor,
M. Goat GP MS FAFOM RACS

You: "Dr...is there any hope?"

Dr: "Take 2 ukes and call me in the morning"
Now that made me laugh in my morning hospital bed! haha.

I think you'd love learning the mountain dulcimer. But warning, they seem to multiply....my 7th is on order.....and they have larger price tags than many ukes.
Noooooooo the siren calls and I cannot resist

Top Bottom