Dulcimer anyone?

frets alot

I received the Ron Gibson dulcimer 2 days before I went to my first dulcimer festival a couple of weeks ago😀 I took a dulcimer workshop and another with the ukulele. It was the first time I ever played instruments with other people and in public - fun time! It was pretty much the first public outing for me since Covid hit as I care for my 91 yo mom and have to be careful where I go. I am really enjoying learning to play the mountain dulcimer, it has such a unique sound.

Ron Gibson all cherry and the strap I wove for it.

View attachment 141330
It's a beauty! I'm so happy for you! I saw your post on FOTMD too. I'm "Susie" over on that forum, btw.

TheresaSC

Look at that stunning strap you wove! Wow! Would you make straps to sell? I bet you'd have a keen market here!!
Thanks for the kind words😀. I really enjoy weaving bands but selling is not my thing. I like to weave what I want, when I want, not turn it into a have to do now.

ploverwing

Thanks for the kind words😀. I really enjoy weaving bands but selling is not my thing. I like to weave what I want, when I want, not turn it into a have to do now.
I hear ya. I'm like that, too, with my craftitude. I'll knit projects for friends if it's a project that I want to knit. I'd hate to have to do something repetitive or to order if it wasn't what I wanted to make.