Entry to Mid Level Soprano or Concert Uke Suitable for the Blues ?

It's so .. Ukulele Underground of this place to reply to a question asking "Entry to Mid Level Soprano or Concert Uke Suitable for the Blues" by suggesting a Martin.

All the original blues musicians played what was available or made it themselves. Many (most) of these instruments would be considered unplayable by the standards of this forum. There was no education, no Youtube, no boring Youtube reviews.

My advice to you, OP, is to get a cheap uke and make it sound good. And when you can do that, you can decide which one sounds good for the music you want. These things are totally subjective. Personally, I like a really cheap baritone uke for blues. Or a soprano.

It's so .. Ukulele Underground of this place to reply to a question asking "Entry to Mid Level Soprano or Concert Uke Suitable for the Blues" by suggesting a Martin.

All the original blues musicians played what was available or made it themselves. Many (most) of these instruments would be considered unplayable by the standards of this forum. There was no education, no Youtube, no boring Youtube reviews.

My advice to you, OP, is to get a cheap uke and make it sound good. And when you can do that, you can decide which one sounds good for the music you want. These things are totally subjective. Personally, I like a really cheap baritone uke for blues. Or a soprano.
OP - I agree with Chris667: Learn to pick / strum the blues on whatever size & style uke you can afford / find. You may have heard a Chet Atkins recording of an instrumental duet of "Workin' Man Blues". As often happened in Chet's albums, there was a fair amount of studio conversation during the tune. The other guitarist mentioned that there was a time when his mentor (a much earlier expert far older than Chet) didn't even own a guitar but habitually borrowed one from whoever had brought an extra to the jam session.
Clearly, the older expert suffered neither from UAS or GAS. He had other issues, LOL.

Top Bottom