Enya is the number one solid ukulele brand in the world

DJ Mango

Reaction score
Came across the following corporate statement on an online retailers website .

About Enya Music

Headquartered in Huizhou, China, Enya Music was founded in 2011 by Haiming Hu, and has become a leading global manufacturer of premium acoustic ukuleles and guitars. With over 300 people, Enya Music produces over 10,000 ukuleles and 6,000 guitars per month and is the number one solid ukulele brand in the world. With over 80 design patents, Enya Music focuses on the innovation of acoustic musical instruments and on providing high-end instruments at a more affordable level .

Wow... that's 120,000 ukuleles per year and 72,000 guitars... from one company! I wonder if they are all sold under the Enya name.

I remember when their English-language brand name was Kaka
Yes, they really should have done a bit more research there 😆

Some of their solid wood versions of their instruments are very nice but pretty expensive.

By far their largest market is China.

Do you know (or anyone) what the deal is with ukulele and the letter K? I feel like there are a high number of brands that begin with K, and I’m not sure if you see the same thing with a different letter in other instruments.
Not sure if this is an accurate observation or not. Hawaii has popularized the instrument and, of course, there are the 3 (or 4) Ks. But Kamaka is from the family name and KoAloha is a combination of koa and aloha. Not sure how Kanile'a derived their company name, but there are only twelve letters (7 consonants) in the Hawaiian language so maybe chance plays a role here. Ko'olau may be from the Ko'olau mountains on Oahu. But there are a ton of Hawaiian ukulele companies that do not start with a K. Of course, you have Kala but so many others again do not start with "K".

Not sure if this is an accurate observation or not. Hawaii has popularized the instrument and, of course, there are the 3 (or 4) Ks. But Kamaka is from the family name and KoAloha is a combination of koa and aloha. Not sure how Kanile'a derived their company name, but there are only twelve letters (7 consonants) in the Hawaiian language so maybe chance plays a role here. Ko'olau may be from the Ko'olau mountains on Oahu. But there are a ton of Hawaiian ukulele companies that do not start with a K. Of course, you have Kala but so many others again do not start with "K".
I didn’t know that about koaloha, interesting!

Kanile'a which is located in Kaneohe means Joyful Sound .

Not sure I understand your reply / question , but I'm guessing it's Enya . :)
" ... is the number one solid ukulele brand in the world."

Obviously a typo .

Anyway , I posted about Enya not to SPAM , but am curious what the forum thinks about their " solid-wood" line .
By the way , Twisted Wood who sell the All Acacia , KOA Ukulele , says they are not associated with Enya in anyway .

Example of U.S. Custom records from a site that sells this type of info :

U.S. CUSTOMS RECORDS ORGANIZED BY COMPANY​

3 U.S. shipments available for Huizhou Enya Musical Instrument Com, updated weekly since 2007
DateSupplier Customer Details43 more fields
2021-07-29HUIZHOU ENYA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT COMTWISTED WOOD GUITARS LTD.GUITARBILL OF LADING
2017-12-04HUIZHOU ENYA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT COMAMAZON LOGISTICS INC.UKULELEBILL OF LADING
2016-05-19HUIZHOU ENYA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT COMGUITAR HOBBY, LLCGUITARBILL OF LADING

Last edited:
Top Bottom